Decided to start participating

Mrcharwe

Reaction score
Hey all, I've followed the site for a while, and decided to start participating more.

Background: I spent a few years in my early 20's living out of a pack and hitchin around. After I got tired of sleeping on couches and feeling like I had to party with who ever I was staying with, I bought a van. I have since been doing van life for most of the last 7 years. With short stints in apartments and a free house. I am getting tired of paying gas prices and having to insure the van so I am thinking about dropping my van and the job and going with a full time bike tour for a bit. I have a dog, so I am working on training him to ride on the bike, hopefully he figures it out and we should be good to head out.

Currently: I am working in Ogden, Utah for the summers and spend most of my winters in the desert southwest. But I bounce between Ogden, KCMo frequently.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Very cool and officially welcome to STP - we have a pretty active bicycling section - with members also in a facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/131775507445590/ kuba jennes is the member. We have good info here and they have some good working stuff there for travel. Have fun!!

Mrcharwe

Reaction score
Thanks everyone.

I am excited to switch to the bike, I used to ride a lot but the idea of a lugging a 45 lb dog around caused me to stick with the van. Since gas prices are only going up, I am just going to take it slow on the bike.

And for the dog riding on the bike, his balance is great but lacking fingers he finds braking to be difficult. ha. I have actually have a cargo bike so he will ride on the bike as opposed to a trailer.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads