Death Metal

enocifer

Reaction score
Website
vids.myspace.com
I fucking love death, thrash, and black metal... and all the subgenres, fuck labels. Anybody with me? I only ever get a chance to play acoustic shit, so i play blues and folk w/metal influence.... anybody out there who gets this?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I fucking Love metal. I need to find some new bands to listen to tho

Reactions: enocifer
L

L Intrepid

Anyone listen to Dream Theater? They aren't exactly hardcore, not in the least, but they're prog metal albums are fucking awesome.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
hmm, im pretty anti-prog and nu metal myself.

benjysirois

Professional knob twiddler and sound anarchist
Reaction score
hmm, im pretty anti-prog and nu metal myself.

I fucking love death, thrash, and black metal... and all the subgenres, fuck labels. Anybody with me? I only ever get a chance to play acoustic shit, so i play blues and folk w/metal influence.... anybody out there who gets this?

I love these guys. By far the most insane pit I was ever in.

enocifer

Reaction score
Website
vids.myspace.com
Personally I can't stand Dream Theater. I don't like power metal. I do like progressive death metal, like Opeth & Ihsahn. The black metal I like includes Belphagor, Behemoth, & Abigail Williams. For thrash, I dig Havok, old-school Metallica & Megadeth, Witchery (yeah, they got death vocals, but their instrumental is straight thrash), Max Cavalera-era Sepultura. Christian Death did a side project that was metal, you've probably heard them if you're into old-school goth at all. The Lover of Sin album is pretty sick, a female vocalist over black/thrash instrumental. Dark shit. And then there's Acid Bath, who are fucking amazing and only ever put out two albums, then their bassist died & they broke up, & Sammy (the guitarist) went to Goatwhore while Dax Riggs (the vocalist) continued to do his own solo thing, really bluesy goth stuff which is actually pretty good. But none of it comes close to what they accomplished with Acid Bath. My favorite metal video of all time is from Behemoth, though, a blackened death metal band:

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sad
Reactions: Matt Derrick

enocifer

Reaction score
Website
vids.myspace.com
There's some good deathcore. Suicide Silence is good, and I like Carnifex and Whitechapel. I don't know why it gets so much hate online.... I like hardcore, and I like death metal, so why can't I like deathcore? Admittedly there are some shitty bands, but that's true of every genre.

enocifer

Reaction score
Website
vids.myspace.com
Fuck the hate. What sounds good, sounds good. That is my Goddamn analysis of all the fucking genres and subgenres for the evening. ::wtf::

P

pigpen

I just found out about these guys the other day, they're pretty fucking sweet. Apparently they're no longer active but they were called Caustic, from Esbjerg Denmark.

enocifer

Reaction score
Website
vids.myspace.com
I just found out about these guys the other day, they're pretty fucking sweet. Apparently they're no longer active but they were called Caustic, from Esbjerg Denmark.

Sounds good.

DuHastMich

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I'm pretty flexible when it comes to my choice of anger management music. For breakfast, I love me some Cannibal Corpse, maybe sprinkle my fucking eggs with some King Diamond....for lunch, I tend to tone down a little bit, so some Mercyful Fate or Manowar usually give me enough power to get through until supper.

I usually end my day with Type O Negative, Hammerfall, Armored Saint or some Exciter. Perhaps even toss in some Jag Panzer when the neighbors get on my nerves.

• Sad
Reactions: Matt Derrick

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads