Damn near a year in the brush | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Damn near a year in the brush

hiveranno

Reaction score
Hey. Found a new place and spent the last few days scouting a camp. I think I'm close to being up n rolling again. Little more secluded and water access only is what I think I found. Gonna be in town for a day or two.

Reactions: Jaguwar
D

Deleted member 2626

Good to hear man. How do you truck around all your stuff when moving to a new spo

Last edited by a moderator:

lone wolf

Reaction score
hiveranno, i been thinking about doing this for 25 years. if i ever do find the perfect location to trap, fish and farm, i think i would take the time to dig a cave. it would be a lot of work but if you wanted to make it a permanent home chances of detection would be extremely small assuming the entrance was camouflaged.

hiveranno

Reaction score
Good to hear man. How do you truck around all your stuff when moving to a new spo
I've got my rubber tramping chariot! Plates are expired now but I'm back roads anywhere in need to go

hiveranno

Reaction score
hiveranno, i been thinking about doing this for 25 years. if i ever do find the perfect location to trap, fish and farm, i think i would take the time to dig a cave. it would be a lot of work but if you wanted to make it a permanent home chances of detection would be extremely small assuming the entrance was camouflaged.
A few years ago I was living up in Minnesota in an underground hideout. I left for the slabs and west coast for the second winter and it all caved in on my gear. Everything was mold and wet. It wasn't bad when your there keeping it dry n shit.. I don't trust the underground. I say though, it was warmer with the earths temp n all but always damp.

D

Deleted member 2626

Me too man. Selling my car this week but im uninspected a year and a half got nabbed in a country area and received a 203 fine and warrant if unpaid just never know

hiveranno

Reaction score
Well three months later and I'm out n about. Camp is banging but boring now that the work is done. Just getting things geared up for winter now. About 75 gallons of water stored so I don't have to walk to the spring every day. Deer season is approaching and I'm ready to harvest . Been looking at some winter gardening plans as well. Built a root cellar n have veggies in there already. Got bunch of boxes of canned food from a grocer in Branson that he was gonna toss cuz they were dented. I'm off the ground n under the canopy of cedar trees so can't be seen from the air as well this time. My living area is about 10 feet off the ground. Scammed some serious lumber from a guy wanting his roof removed from above his trailer. My wheels are broke down from the rock crawling adventure getting in there. I liberated a mountain bike now and might find a part time gig to fix the truck. Other then that, living the dream on public land and haven't seen anybody yet. Spun out from being alone. Maybe some honey wants to live the free life in trade for companionship. Idk.. Headed back in Monday after some civilized life!

Reactions: Odin and Jaguwar

Jaguwar

Rebirthing phoenix
Reaction score
PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN! LOL
Sounds like you're pretty much all set again, well done. I hope you do find such a gal; meantime, happy hunting!

Sorry to hear about your wheels though, I suppose you should get that fixed asap, just in case you need to bug it again.

Sent using Tapatalk.

D

Deleted member 2626

Right on man. Some pics would be rad. Hope to get this far one day. Do hunters ever find your site during the busy rifle seasons?

hiveranno

Reaction score
Here u go jaguwar

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 405

hiveranno

Reaction score
Pieced together.. The roof is that white tyvek house wrap n garbage bags laid out like shingles. So far dry. The frame is recycled lumber and the walls are spruce saplings.. Windows were free.. Working on rain water catchment and a small stove so I can fire up the canning of venison. I'm also looking at hydroponic rafts maybe.. I have a small solar panel charging deep cycle batteries. Few other cool things going on as well.

Reactions: Odin

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads