Currently beauMo, in texas | Squat the Planet

Currently beauMo, in texas

Blob

Reaction score
My trips began as Covid was just starting to get everyone riled up, ... Tampa FL was where I started, went unwisely to the east coast of fl , hitchhiking, very few rides, got to Titusville via one dude and his wife picking me up, kicked me down 100 in greenbacks ... Started making my way up coast made it to Daytona as bikefest wAs going on, and the following day as I'm heading up ormund beach, the bikers were all getting kicked out of Daytona due to mayors action to stop the gathering.... Hitchhiked as best as I could on through Georgia, twice getting rides from local law enforcement, one even kickdown of 3 MealsReadyToEat.... Quarantine was starting to turn people paranoid I noticed... Managed through though, got blessed to smoke a dubbie with one cat named David, trucker dude riding in a hippie van at the time dropped me in Valdosta.... Got to Alabama, everyone seemed sketched out at this point in my travels... Montgomery especially, met one cat there around the West end of that city close to rails, wish him the best, he had just been released from incarceration to a surreal world,lol... All cities had little traffic at this time, so I decided to hit the rails, or try my hand at it.... Hopped from Montgomery to Mobile AL ...good 8 or 9 hour ride, this was day before Easter I remember, went to sleep next to yard, woke up heard a train, ran beside and once I got hold of a top rung brought my feet up... I only ride grainers BTW... Haven't tried other cars,.... Anywho, Mobile to NOLA on the way east end before u make it to river... I had hard time on Easter Sunday in NOLA I didn't see french quarter, but due to all the depression on that side of town decided to hop out again... I rode a trainer coming out just west of river... I thought I was good, but then train started going into air and I thought to myself, shit, .... Freaked me out damn thing goes above the whole french quarter or something, when it finally got across the other side to a small holdover yard west of new orleans, I got off to get my bearings, and make sure I was back on solid ground... I think it was Avondale that I was at, once morning returned I hopped from there to somewhere between Baton Rouge to Lafayette, hopped off like dumbass due to being ready to eat and having no supplies, but damn... Don't hop out till it slows down and think like a paratrooper, hit the ground running! Or else you could break something... Luckily alive after gashing my hand open and scraps on knees... Hitch hiked to Lafayette, where I once again hoped out, but now, this train makes its way to a drop off point so I hop off halfway to lake Charles, walk the rest of the way... Orange tx...then here I now am BeAumont... I'm needing pointers bout hopping out... North side seems ez but looks as though it stops in Silsbee, west goes to Houston and possibly fort Bragg? Uh-oh ... I just want to get out of here now, I want a banjo or something too, shit, I'm sorry bout the rambling, I mean well but I'm just as stupid as any other human, much love,one love, hope all other travelers are doing good, hang in there...when the going gets tuff...the tuff keep going? Peace

D

Deleted member 24782

My trips began as Covid was just starting to get everyone riled up, ... Tampa FL was where I started, went unwisely to the east coast of fl , hitchhiking, very few rides, got to Titusville via one dude and his wife picking me up, kicked me down 100 in greenbacks ... Started making my way up coast made it to Daytona as bikefest wAs going on, and the following day as I'm heading up ormund beach, the bikers were all getting kicked out of Daytona due to mayors action to stop the gathering.... Hitchhiked as best as I could on through Georgia, twice getting rides from local law enforcement, one even kickdown of 3 MealsReadyToEat.... Quarantine was starting to turn people paranoid I noticed... Managed through though, got blessed to smoke a dubbie with one cat named David, trucker dude riding in a hippie van at the time dropped me in Valdosta.... Got to Alabama, everyone seemed sketched out at this point in my travels... Montgomery especially, met one cat there around the West end of that city close to rails, wish him the best, he had just been released from incarceration to a surreal world,lol... All cities had little traffic at this time, so I decided to hit the rails, or try my hand at it.... Hopped from Montgomery to Mobile AL ...good 8 or 9 hour ride, this was day before Easter I remember, went to sleep next to yard, woke up heard a train, ran beside and once I got hold of a top rung brought my feet up... I only ride grainers BTW... Haven't tried other cars,.... Anywho, Mobile to NOLA on the way east end before u make it to river... I had hard time on Easter Sunday in NOLA I didn't see french quarter, but due to all the depression on that side of town decided to hop out again... I rode a trainer coming out just west of river... I thought I was good, but then train started going into air and I thought to myself, shit, .... Freaked me out damn thing goes above the whole french quarter or something, when it finally got across the other side to a small holdover yard west of new orleans, I got off to get my bearings, and make sure I was back on solid ground... I think it was Avondale that I was at, once morning returned I hopped from there to somewhere between Baton Rouge to Lafayette, hopped off like dumbass due to being ready to eat and having no supplies, but damn... Don't hop out till it slows down and think like a paratrooper, hit the ground running! Or else you could break something... Luckily alive after gashing my hand open and scraps on knees... Hitch hiked to Lafayette, where I once again hoped out, but now, this train makes its way to a drop off point so I hop off halfway to lake Charles, walk the rest of the way... Orange tx...then here I now am BeAumont... I'm needing pointers bout hopping out... North side seems ez but looks as though it stops in Silsbee, west goes to Houston and possibly fort Bragg? Uh-oh ... I just want to get out of here now, I want a banjo or something too, shit, I'm sorry bout the rambling, I mean well but I'm just as stupid as any other human, much love,one love, hope all other travelers are doing good, hang in there...when the going gets tuff...the tuff keep going? Peace

You know it's getting rough when you get kicked down an MRE! I remember eating these after hurricane Ivan when I was living in Pensacola. Of course a bunch of them ended up at the punk houses. This makes me miss riding around in the south, I'm familiar with a lot of those locations.

• Love It
Reactions: Juan Derlust

Blob

Reaction score
I realize I didn't type this to great standards before. I will make a great effort here on out (thx Barf).

My name's Blob and I'm a slob...

The ultimate destination is to be a region with recreational marijuana usage so I'm not going to be staying put in Texas. I know drug use is bad folks, but marijuana is something I've used all my life, and especially in my current objectives, quitting smoking tobacco for example, I find it necessary. I read a some of Willie Nelson's book while stopped over in Lakeland, FL, named Roll Me Up and Smoke Me When I Die: Musings From The Road, and this inspired me to do this with recent calamity.

I am a drug addict, and in particular Methamphetamine, not a drug that one can be addicted to and be productive, or at least for me. Before leaving Tampa I was withdrawing bad one day and decided to play in the traffic in the street. My effort was not strong willed enough I suppose, and also alot of good people didn't run me over, which is surprising for Florida considering the number of pedestrian fatalities I use to hear about in those parts. I was Baker-acted and put in a mental ward of a hospital for a number of days. The psychs wrote up prescriptions for trazadone and Prozac and said I was reabilitaded after I started talking more in group sessions they had in this facility. They let me go under the understanding I would go to a homeless shelter after picking up the meds in a local CVS. I obviously have no desire to do this, for at this point I started hoofing it to the opposite coast of Florida.

I had already decided this before I'd left there, the matter was of where to go I had not quite figured out. No matter where I go, I will always have maybe what you would call an itch in the back of my mind, then again, I was released March 3, and have not used nor have a desire to... Although sometimes, like now that I'm talking about it, it kinda pops back in my head...

I might be a slob but that don't mean I ain't got no mind enough to clean the slate. Nuff bout that shit...

I loved playing guitar in my younger traveling days... Now I want to homebuild a banjo at some point, and busk till I bust...

Thanks all for the good vibes-- Juan derlust, barf, brodiesel

Everyone stay strong out there and watch your ass along the roadways (watch out for those who intend harm), but then again there's always some diamond in the ruff to be found. Peace...

Blob

Reaction score
In Houston now, thanks ... I might try that just made it yesterday after hopping a junker
IMG_20200425_142016392.jpg

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads