crusty herb garden??

sarbear

Reaction score
i was thinking... just a thought.. what if i planted a basil plant near the off ramp somewhere.. and posted about it .. how to take care of it and stuff something really easy to grow.. and try to get kids to tend to random spots of herbs weve planted throughout the country.. maybe eventually word will get out and over the years u will be passing thru a random town and can pick some herbs to munch on.. or maybe the first basil plant will die.. and nothing will ever happen.. but.. its worth a shot. plants can be tricky but there are some things that will grow in harsh conditions... if i started it in a high traffic spot it might get done... is that a rediculous dream

BurnReno

Reaction score
~~~I would plant hardy plants///like turnips,radishes, strawberry, blackberry, raspberry, carrots, chives,vine peas and sorrel...you know, shit that will spread and be able to take a good pounding from the elements...You should do it! Who cares if it catches on, action is better than inaction and life is too short to not follow dreams!

~~~if you do, make sure your seeds are non-hybrid and non-gmo....that way your plants will be able to reproduce and not be a monster!!! Protip: try to find a place that has a beehive near...you want that pollination.

~~~cheers! You can do it!!!

p4r4d0x

Reaction score
make sure your seeds are non-hybrid and non-gmo....that way your plants will be able to reproduce and not be a monster!!!
Spot on.
In case anyone missed the latest report on long term effects of GMO corn.
Here it is in a nutshell.
Monsanto-GM-corn-caused-tumors-in-rats.jpg

http://rt.com/news/monsanto-rats-tumor-france-531/

sarbear

Reaction score
~~~I would plant hardy plants///like turnips,radishes, strawberry, blackberry, raspberry, carrots, chives,vine peas and sorrel...you know, shit that will spread and be able to take a good pounding from the elements...You should do it! Who cares if it catches on, action is better than inaction and life is too short to not follow dreams!

~~~if you do, make sure your seeds are non-hybrid and non-gmo....that way your plants will be able to reproduce and not be a monster!!! Protip: try to find a place that has a beehive near...you want that pollination.

~~~cheers! You can do it!!!
that exactly all of what i was thinking. too bad i cant plant bees

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
Thats actually a pretty nifty idea! I know that there are plenty of spots that would be good for planting out there and it would be pleasant surprise to find some chives and carrots just chilling on the on ramp or near a hop out. heck, i'll start planting if you start planting ;)

Reactions: p4r4d0x

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads