Crust Surfing for Driveways...

MarsOrScars

Reaction score
Website
knotcraft.net
I've had this idea floating in the back of my head for rubber tramping, it's pretty simple.

Taking a page from couch surfing, it would be cool to have a service where people could host driveways or their parking lots for rubber tramps, places where they could park for free and clear of harassment and parking tickets during a stay in congested cities or while they fly/leave the country.

Just a topic for discussion, what do you think?

TMG51

Reaction score
There is a service like that. I forget what it's called, because I don't use it; in my time on the road I've never found difficulty parking with common sense. I've been in San Diego a month now, where vehicle dwelling is illegal, and I haven't been woken up once.

LuckyHelmet

Reaction score
On my couch surfing profile I have it first thing posted that I just wanna park in a driveway. Never had anyone get freaked of mad. Usually people just wanna know about living in a van.

Sameer

Reaction score
I think this would be a great idea. Great for cities or towns where no overnight parking is allowed. They could offer nothing more than use of their shower or just access to the bathroom. I would pay a small price to do this. Even if it was just the driveway would work. Just a night or two would be great. If I didn't live in a van, I would do this offering a shower.

Last edited:

youngbuckwithapickuptruck

Reaction score
i want to move back into a house but really just have my bedroom on wheels next to the house, and just bullshit in the living room and kitchen with everyone else all day. fucking 750$ a month for a room, fuck that. id definitly kick down for the use of the rest of the house, though

Reactions: marmar

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads