"Crust" Stuff on Etsy

D

Deleted member 125

this is clearly a joke. but not all that far fetched, ive seen vests and pants on ebay for over 100 bucks that are brand new with a few patches on them.

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Looking at the seller's other items for sale, I'm not entirely convinced this is a joke. Assuming it's not, and anyone here would ever consider dropping 5k for that couch.. I'll beat it by 10% and make you one for $4,499.00

I also have a line of portable crusty couches that are sleek and lightweight, designed to fit into most boxcars, starting at a mere $3,750.00

Act now and I'll throw in a crusty loveseat for the unbeatable price of $2,249.00

*shipping is not included, all sales are final. Restocking fee of up to 20% of item's price, item must be returned within seven business days. Taxes and any applicable government imposed fees(eg electronic, waste disposal fees) apply.

Last edited:

nomad89

Reaction score
this is clearly a joke. but not all that far fetched, ive seen vests and pants on ebay for over 100 bucks that are brand new with a few patches on them.

Seems like a good little scam people are running. I would be lying if I told you I never considered it myself. I would feel pretty slimy selling something like that though.

roguetrader

Reaction score
sadly ain't a joke, I just checked ; they happy to post me one to UK for £550 (plus the £3500 for the actual couch) after seeing David Beckham in a diamanté Crass shirt and Rita Ora in crusty leather jacket and Circle Jerks t I'll believe anything.... slightly off topic but what do y'all need a chainsaw in a box car for ?

• Sad
Reactions: Mankini and nomad89

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I almost can't even blame this seller though, I mean there definitely are people here that are just too lazy and banal to even come up with this kind of thing when all they gotta do is get daddy's credit card to score a low impact DIY punk couch for their flat in Manhattan. To them money is no object, somebody's gotta turn a profit on that ass, right?

Reactions: Mankini and nomad89

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
slightly off topic but what do y'all need a chainsaw in a box car for ?

That's off a friends FB, I'm not in that pic. They rode up to my other friend's property in the mountains to help him out with a bunch of forestry work as far as I know.

Reactions: nomad89

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
How can you tell an authentic couch from a false one, at any rate? im not clued in to the scene: for me growing up in the 80s punk was liberty mohawks, ramones, misfits...I dont really understand the aesthetic, as i grew up in places with limited exposure to music or culture. i remember "punks" in london getting in trouble for insulting the queen and frightening yankee tourists with small children...and german punks spraypainting on stuff...i grew up listening to whitesnake and wearing corduroy. Now, with age and experience, i know what punk means -to me- as an identity: i.e., i'll heckle tourists, pee on stuff, modify everything, including an 82 country squire "woodie" i modified to military specs. i installed a continuous loop tape, a la Op Wandering Soul, of I am the Walrus and Helter Skelter to blare while driving. But, Friends, the Magical Mystery Tour album, though appealing to the Manson family, is not quite punk, is it? it's pop... Is Punk a mindset? A lifestyle? I dont fukkin know. I would imagine an authentic punk would drive a hearse, not a vespa...???... wear pleather rather than real snakeskin...???...read kafka or proust at coffeeshops...???... or is that beatniks?

Last edited:

roguetrader

Reaction score
it's a mindset, a lifestyle, a total way of life..... ironically although I describe myself as punk I've lost most of the crusty trappings and rarely listen to punk music anymore ! I came up on the UK anarcho punk / Crass-hole scene and this has shaped the way I live and view the world and this will never change.... I suppose it comes down to what 'kind' of punk you are - if you think Green Day or The Exploited is proper punk you ain't got a clue !

• Sad
Reactions: Mankini

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads