Communes in Atlanta, GA? | Squat the Planet

Communes in Atlanta, GA?

Onics5

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

my husband and I are moving from France to Atlanta, GA in early September and will live there for a year. We are looking for communal living areas that we could join in the city. We are currently living with 13 other people in a big house where we work collectively on different projects and would love to find something similar in the US.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks!

blank

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Pretty sure most communes you will find are the ones that are actually just shitty apartment scams that have been rephrased to appeal to younger professionals.

Reactions: Myatezhnik
D

Deleted member 24782

Don't listen to that guy, I get what he's saying but theres actually a lot of really great things going on in Atlanta, communal and otherwise. I can put you in touch with somebody who could lead you in the right direction.

Reactions: onandonward

blank

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Well I mean, one of those is basically just a small apartment for almost 1500 a month. I've seen these pop up, more often around Athens and Savannah, you really need to watch out.

Reactions: Cenbe

roguetrader

Reaction score
@blank I agree totally - that sample 'communal residence' above looks like a bad deal dressed up in a whole lotta fancy bullshit.... and it looks nothing like any commune I've ever been to - usually it's everyone living together in one big shared property, not lots of individual expensive apartments - and absolutely no mention of the meetings every 5 minutes to discuss 'issues' that happen in most housing co-ops ! it's basically a property speculators idea of a commune !

Onics5

Reaction score
Thank you all for your answers!

Don't listen to that guy, I get what he's saying but theres actually a lot of really great things going on in Atlanta, communal and otherwise. I can put you in touch with somebody who could lead you in the right direction.

Thanks, I would really appreciate it if you could put me in touch with the people you know!

I know of some through friends. There has been a recent reestablishment of communal living in Atlanta. Check these out.

Thanks for these websites, I will definitely check them out! If there are friends you could get me in touch with that'd be great!

Greetings and welcome! Tell us more: a 1-year gig in Atlanta - what's it all about? My agenda being I may be in Atlanta September visiting my uncle (retired, divorced - a doctor of music, he taught at Université Grenoble Alpes) and he might be willing to house a couple for a year...

Hi Juan! I'll be in Atlanta for a year as a Fulbright scholar to do field study. I'm a PhD candidate working on the return migration of African-Americans to the SOuth of the country ans more particularly in Atlanta. Please let me know about your uncle! My husband and I were looking for communes but we are open to different options too!

• Love It
Reactions: Juan Derlust

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads