Columbia, SC

moopy

Reaction score
So it's about that time. I need to go on an excursion to clear my head, take a breather, get out of this place for a little while, and it looks like Columbia's gonna be where I'll be headed. I'm really stressed out and all I want to do is ride trains and enjoy myself for a bit. Has anyone ever spent any good amount of time there? Any good places for shows? How do the cops treat travelers there? Has anyone ever busked/flown signs there? Any and all feedback will be appreciated.

bryanpaul

Reaction score
i've only hitched on the outskirts of there.......i dont know personally but i have a strong feeling it's a shitty town.....i got a buddy who lived there for a bit so i'll see if he can write up somethin about there and i'll post it here......question.....why stop in columbia?...... if it were me i'd just keep on going to charleston....straight shot down whatever that hwy is......charlston/savannah would probably be a better time.....just a thought.....easy to ride south out of charleston to savannah also

moopy

Reaction score
Because I really don't want to hitch anywhere, I just wanna take a train. There's a direct line there from where I'm at that'll be short and sweet, and that's all I'm looking for. Definitely be sure to talk to your bud for me, I would appreciate that muchly.

bryanpaul

Reaction score
yeah i just sent him a thing quoting your post and asked if he would give up any info if he had any

bryanpaul

Reaction score
this is basically all the info my buddy gave me he was housed up and had nearby warrant so he didnt fuck around too much "
i wouldn't reccomend panhandling there, i had money when i went so i didn't do shit, but cops there are fucking dicks. hardcore dicks. someone told me panhandling of any sort is illegal/ arrestable(implying no warnings?)"

moopy

Reaction score
this is basically all the info my buddy gave me he was housed up and had nearby warrant so he didnt fuck around too much "
i wouldn't reccomend panhandling there, i had money when i went so i didn't do shit, but cops there are fucking dicks. hardcore dicks. someone told me panhandling of any sort is illegal/ arrestable(implying no warnings?)"

Mmm, that sounds like bad news bears. I definitely want to panhandle. I'm not very rough or stereotypical traveler kid looking. I don't have tats all over my face or body, and I don't have patches all over my clothes. Juggling is my panhandling gig and I gots me some sexy LED juggling balls, too. I don't know, maybe the cops wouldn't fuck with me since I don't look too "radical" and my gig is pretty innocent, but then again, cops will be cops, so I'm discouraged and a bit uncertain about going there now.

tobepxt said:
I might be passing through in a week....

You ever experienced Columbia? What are your plans there?

moopy

Reaction score
So this isn't happening. The plan I had was to hit Columbia for about a week before heading to Charleston to talk to my mom about talking to her lawyer friend to help me get some medical issues taken care of, but it turns out that wasn't going to happen the way I thought it was, so Charleston and Columbia are no go for me.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads