Video - Check out the sweet bus this nice lady put together! | Squat the Planet

Video Check out the sweet bus this nice lady put together!

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
That is great! There are no "drop in" showers here and I work in the heart of the city and there are a lot of homeless even around my building. And no public restrooms. City FINALLY tossed a couple portapotties behind my building as people were (and still are) complaining about the public urnination and worse (ahem). -There are public showers available about 20 miles away on the Erie Canal - but that's for the people bicycling/boating up the canal and beyond. New bus station is going in and there was a push to get showers in there (mostly from my one bicycle group for the long distance bicyclists) but that was quickly taken off the table. Her idea and tenacity is really great!

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
^^
I have my fan club on the street. James the giant of a man who hangs on the same street corner - we've had a sandwich or two, Dennis of my world (cause he starts all conversation with "Well in my world" got him some work at some different bicycle events - I usually see him with him collecting cans and up to his armpit in the dumpsters - he has his "route" everyday, old man with twinkly eyes who sits all day on a bench on the bridge - I usually give a few dollars to. And several other people as well. :)

Last edited:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads