Cartoons that made you emotional.

Forth

Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
Im going back and watching old Simpsons whilst camping, started from the beginning. Such wholesome vibes at first not going to ramble about it here but it's making me think of other cartoons in the 90s.

I don't know what episode of Dexter's laboratory it is but my friends in high school made fun of me cause the one where Dexter's father turns out to be a racecar driver but Dexter has no idea and no interest in his father's life. There's a scene where the dad sheds a tear on the porch after Dexter doesn't even want him to come parents day that would always get me. My dad just took off before I was around to have concrete memories of people it never occured to me till later why this bothered me.

Another one I think of that was particularly intense was in that cartoon Doug with all the Acapella bebop music. Everytime Doug sees patty mayonnaise this particular lovey music plays and I would literally jump behind the fucking couch and hide because these scenes gave me so much anxiety. I can't think of any cartoon eliciting such a response as that darned music.

Im 33 not really a dirty 'kid' anymore. Anyone else remember any of these intense emotional reactions to cartoons?

transcendentalhobo

Reaction score
I have no memory of the specifics, but I do remember an episode of Winnie the Pooh making me cry when I was 7or so.

But yeah, on a much more moderate level I find The Simpsons really heartwarming sometimes.

Forth

Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
I have no memory of the specifics, but I do remember an episode of Winnie the Pooh making me cry when I was 7or so.

But yeah, on a much more moderate level I find The Simpsons really heartwarming sometimes.

Yeah I can't recall the few newer tv shows I've seen ever giving me the warm and fuzzies. I always thought eyeore was such a relatable mope.

Hey Arnold, My Neighbor Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service all relevant to the topic
Oh! That reminds me of the episode of hey Arnold where he learns self defense for some reason. One night on a dark corner some guy approaches Arnold. He karate chops the guys clothes off and the guy shuffles away in his underwear crying "I was just looking for the bus stop..." That one always got me.

Totoro is adorable and I still need to watch Kiki's thanks for the reminder

Reactions: transcendentalhobo

ali

Reaction score
Came here to post The Snowman, saw it was already posted, but it's a different version. This one is a classic for anyone who spent any time in the UK in the 1980s. The music is unforgettable.

Reactions: Forth

Forth

Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
The animation in both of those snowmen stories is really cool. I've never seen either of these versions, nor did I know there were so many tellings of a snowman story. Definitely getting the warm and fuzzies from these thanks.

Reactions: leaves

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
It's all about that Fifle Goes West, yo! That movie had something getting into my eyes on multiple occasions.

Also, Capitan Planet, Animaniacs, Hey Arnold...all those late 90s early 2000s classics

• Agree
Reactions: Forth

NeCo

Reaction score
The anime comics that moved me are Fullmetal Alchemist and Gintama. I watched Fullmetal Alchemist when I was a kid and was blown away. I think many people know it because it is a famous work. I watched Gintama when I was a child and was moved when I saw it as an adult. It's a gag and human emotion anime, and you won't be impressed unless you watch the whole thing, but there are good things written here and there, and I was impressed that even if you're not related by blood, you can become friends like family.

Last edited:

Forth

Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
It's all about that Fifle Goes West, yo! That movie had something getting into my eyes on multiple occasions.

Also, Capitan Planet, Animaniacs, Hey Arnold...all those late 90s early 2000s classics

Ah I remember watching Fifle Goes West when i was really little, it was one of those VHS tapes id put on every day. Ill have to watch it again cause I cant really remember anything about it. I've had the captain planet theme stuck in my head for some reason, maybe cause I been cleaning trashed homeless camps. I also keep thinking about that rockos modern life episode
R-E-C-Y-C-L-E where it turns into a musical about conservation somehow.

The anime comics that moved me are Fullmetal Alchemist and Gintama. I watched Fullmetal Alchemist when I was a kid and was blown away. I think many people know it because it is a famous work. I watched Gintama when I was a child and was moved when I saw it as an adult. It's a gag and human emotion anime, and you won't be impressed unless you watch the whole thing, but there are good things written here and there, and I was impressed that even if you're not related by blood, you can become friends like family.

People have recommended me Full Metal Alchemist. I don't typically watch anime anymore, but I have definitely watched a few that made me emotional. To be honest I was drinking a lot but I remember crying a lot during Usagi Drop of all things because it was so sad and heartwarming.

OH you know what i have watched quite a bit of Gintama. I actually forgot all about that one, its really good thanks for reminding me.

• Thank you
Reactions: Coywolf and NeCo

Coywolf

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I've had the captain planet theme stuck in my head for some reason, maybe cause I been cleaning trashed homeless camps.

"He's our hero! Gonna take pollution down to zero!"

God damnit I loved the 90s....

Rocko's Modern Life would be so great to see revamped like they did Beavis and Butthead. I think the new B&B is even funnier than the old one.

"Welcome.....to HECK!!!! MUHAHAHAHAH!"

Reactions: Glass Roads

Marticus

Reaction score
Thanks for this thread, it gives me lots of ideas next time I’m mindlessly searching for something to watch.

Going back to the Simpsons, one of my favorite episodes is Moe Goes From Rags to Riches. Its kinda emotional although the main emotion is mirth. It traces the history of Moe’s bar rag to its august origins as a medieval tapestry in a castle. Amazing that this most successful show of all time, and on Fox, can be so trippy! Moe Goes from Rags to Riches - Wikipedia - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moe_Goes_from_Rags_to_Riches
"He's our hero! Gonna take pollution down to zero!"

God damnit I loved the 90s....

Rocko's Modern Life would be so great to see revamped like they did Beavis and Butthead. I think the new B&B is even funnier than the old one.

"Welcome.....to HECK!!!! MUHAHAHAHAH!"

Coywolf

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I know this is out of left field, but its kinda related, nd funny AF...and Robot Chicken features mostly all of the references to cartoons/shows we've been talking about...

CAPITAN PLANET!!!!!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads