Carlos

Avering

Reaction score
I have somewhat similar plans but one of my major goals after traveling around for a bit is to find a very rural squat, acquire tenant status and make a permaculture garden/field and be able to live off that, probably will get some chickens also. If i save up enough get solar panels for electricity. You get the idea. Atm i'm about to be setting up an infoshop/squat in indy so that should be interesting. Glad to hear that i'm not the only one who prefers clean squats and doesnt just gut every squat for scrap metal.
That sounds really nice. I love both urbanized and rural places for different reasons. Even though in the rural place there is obviously no social activity, you may have a nice river nearby, or maybe the ocean, or a forest, where you can just lay around and really feel free, without having all of the bullshit of the modern world too nearby. But, you may always want to venture out into a modern city like New York and explore the places like nightclubs/punk shows/sneak into a fancy party with caviar lol. I feel like I can't choose sometimes, but that's okay because you have to try stuff out before you judge it...I'd love to be involved in such a squat as you were talking about, and my favorite place to do such a thing would definitely be Europe, i'm not sure how it would be acquiring tenant status over there, though.. There's a lot of really nice places in the US though, I can't rely on the internet to find them either, I've gotta venture out and explore the world soon, rural, urban, suburban etc.

Avering

Reaction score
thank you :] it's just something i'd like to experience, i'll most probably end up not graduating, but who cares, i won't take out loans X] as far as plans go, i'm trying to read up on everything and be as prepared as i can be :] i'd like to go see my friend in indianapolis, and i'd like to go to san francisco as it's my favorite city. canada would be lovely as well C: what are your plans?
Are you already in college, though? Definitely read up all you want, from literature to art books to guides, there must be some interesting stuff to learn in the zillions of books in the world..I also wanna see my friend(s) ones in Pennsylvania and the other is freezing his ass off in Nebraska because he got kicked out of the place where he was rooming with friends. I'll probably try hitchhiking there sometime, but for now, I plan on chillin in miami a bit, you know, going to shows/raves/ reading/ making music and the such... I'd love to go to Canada, I want to camp out in the forest sometime in the summer when it's nice and warm in the rivers/lakes, it's a beautiful place from what I've seen in films and it'll be even more beautiful with my own eyes. There's a lot for me to become interested in though, I bet. My old fantasy of traveling was always Europe and Japan, I wanted to check out what the nightlife/culture is like in Japan, ever since I saw this movie called "Ghost in the Shell".

Avering

Reaction score
The media demonizes our lifestyle because it's in their interest as a capitalist enterprise to do so. If we are not mindlessly consuming their advertisements at home, they make less money. This lifestyle challenges the type of society they seek to maintain and control - a society in which they can make more money. Fuck em'.

It's not very uncommon for students to end their PhD studies early. It's a 5-7 year commitment and a ton of work. Plus, you are basically pigeon-holed into your topic of study after completion, so, you need to be damn sure it's what you want to do. Personally, I am planning on returning to school within a year or two, as I have determined exactly what I want to study :)
You're completely right about the media...what is it that you want to study? I'm a bit late lol

Avering

Reaction score
Yup I i was engaged to a girl who went to an ivy league-type college. Those places are so fucking retarded, the kids are spoiled fucking little brats, I got to live under some.
/They'd play techno and drink little bitch Smirnoff bullshit, a bunch of bros and sluts think they know some shit because some dumbass overpaid professor told 'em it. I'd flip the breakers and they flipped on me for butchering a deer underneath the porch. One wanted me to pay 600$ for getting a flat tire on some broken glass or scrap metal that had fallen out of my truckbed. 600 to get it towed. "You can't change a fucking tire? Fuck you, rich bitch."
Non-community colleges are the biggest centers of retardation on earth. Everyone is so fucking immature. Fuck that shit
They sound like a bunch of snotty little cunts, I don't think that's the place for me..

foxx

Reaction score
Are you already in college, though? Definitely read up all you want, from literature to art books to guides, there must be some interesting stuff to learn in the zillions of books in the world..I also wanna see my friend(s) ones in Pennsylvania and the other is freezing his ass off in Nebraska because he got kicked out of the place where he was rooming with friends. I'll probably try hitchhiking there sometime, but for now, I plan on chillin in miami a bit, you know, going to shows/raves/ reading/ making music and the such... I'd love to go to Canada, I want to camp out in the forest sometime in the summer when it's nice and warm in the rivers/lakes, it's a beautiful place from what I've seen in films and it'll be even more beautiful with my own eyes. There's a lot for me to become interested in though, I bet. My old fantasy of traveling was always Europe and Japan, I wanted to check out what the nightlife/culture is like in Japan, ever since I saw this movie called "Ghost in the Shell".
i start next fall, i haven't decided completely whether i'll even go. sounds like some good plans :]

scatwomb

Reaction score
You're completely right about the media...what is it that you want to study? I'm a bit late lol

I was studying Anthropology, but, I am starting a Natural Resources program in January. I don't know what my focus will be on yet, but, my research will be in the realm of social science, mostly. I am interested in perceptions of wilderness (or natural/nature), indigenous land use in North America (broad), and radical environmentalism (woo!). I am actually talking to my future adviser in a few hours to hash some shit out.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads