Can you walk long distances with a heavy pack?

Reaction score
Also, and I know I'm going to get hated on here, but if you ever get a chance, try using a lightweight pair of trekking poles. They make a WORLD of difference. Especially being able to move faster, and taking a huge load off of your lower body.

They are not practical in all situations, like in hoping trains, but hitching and walking, hell ya.

During my last grand walking adventure last winter I used trekking poles for the first time, always considered them pointless. But coming through the mountains with ice and snow, and just generally walking for long distances at a time, they were a blessing. They do minimize the weight impact and provides better balance and stabilization, especially over rough and uneven terrain... ✌️
❤️

Reactions: Matt Derrick

texastraveler

Reaction score
During my last grand walking adventure last winter I used trekking poles for the first time, always considered them pointless. But coming through the mountains with ice and snow, and just generally walking for long distances at a time, they were a blessing. They do minimize the weight impact and provides better balance and stabilization, especially over rough and uneven terrain... ✌️
❤️

+1 i always thought they looked goofy until i tried them, they're indispensable for cross-country or any rough terrain

Reactions: Redbeard The Rhymer

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads