Can anyone help me out?

pantat

Independent Media
Reaction score
hey, i'm a student at UF in Gainesville. I'm creating a Web site for a class, and I'm doing it about dirty kids and travelers. I'm not a dirty kid, and I won't pretend to be either. i'm as much of an oogle as you'll find.

anyone want to help me out with figuring some stuff out?

i've been doing this for the past two weeks or so, living on the streets talking to dirty kids, but it seems like all of them have left for the north because of the weather.

I want to know how to go about getting money. in a town like Gainesville, i hear the cops are crazy about giving fines to anyone asking for money.

also, what are some of the best spots for finding dumpsters? i love krispy kreme's dumpster and this organic grocery store's dumpster, but what are some others?

I originally planned on staying at this abandoned hospital, but i heard it got blown up and cops are always there. when going to a new town, how do I find a good squat? I've been staying out on the streets in alleyways and the like.

and most importantly, how to stay safe.

I appreciate anyone willing to help me out. I'm not trying to be a poser; i just want to study the dirty kid lifestyle and create an online resource talking about it (like STP).

if anyone is in Gainesville and wants to call me, my number is 904-742-4445

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
you have to look for dumpsters, there's no secret to it. you get money by either begging for it, flyin a sign or by busking. and you also find a squat by looking for one. if you can't handle these basic things you prolly wont last long enough to get you little report done. good luck out there!

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
oh... and staying safe, well that's just common sense mixed in with some street smarts. again I wish you the very best of luck, I think your gonna need it.

stanktank

Reaction score
I will refer you to the thread "this intrepid writer..." that should give you some good pointers.

But seriously, meet some "dirty kids" in real life. The Internet is a cess pool of liars and con artists. No ones gonna trust you. It's nothing personal it's just the nature of the beast.

pantat

Independent Media
Reaction score
I don't want to create a database. that's way over my head. but if I could have a web site that just explains some basic stuff about dirty kids, then i'd be happy. the web site isn't going to have any editors; i'm just going to post all of the information myself.

Chalmbers sent me a PM and don't worry I'm not going to use information from Squat the Planet, unless I got permission from the mods and the posters. Mostly, I'm using StP to help me figure out how to squat, and i'm using my experiences for my site.

if you have any questions for me then i'll be sure to answer it.

I've been hanging with some dirty kids going through Gainesville, but it seems so dead here. There were a ton of rainbows a few weeks ago, but i'm shocked at how few crusts are here.
does anyone know how i can find a good G-ville squat? because I'm sick of sleeping in alleyways.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads