News & Blogs California homeless camps

Dmac

Reaction score
Bad news for homeless camps in California.
Screenshot_20240725-194014.png

MetalBryan

Reaction score
I saw this yesterday but didn't find the "how to remove" text of the order.

If anyone reading this is there, I'd like to hear how things play out in CA in the next few weeks. Is this just posturing from the governor? I imagine the more conservative areas will jump on this, but will cities/towns actually take actions other than just taking property from homeless and redistributing the people? Thank you.

Reactions: Dmac

Sameer

Reaction score
Actually I was born and raised in Boyle heights which is just to walk to downtown LA. I don't live there anymore but was in Los Angeles 7 months ago. Personally this is good news for residence and businesses. Maybe there won't be so much trash dirty needles and piles of shit everywhere. Homeless doesn't necessarily mean you have to live in a pile of trash. Living in a van for 11 years I made sure I never interfered or disturbed the quality of life of Rose around them. That's just being respectful of others. They're moving these encampments because they are drug infested and disease infested shit holes.....

MetalBryan

Reaction score
The move by cities to ignore it isn't surprising because metropolitan areas have a pretty significant non-profit industrial complex in place to grift off the less fortunate. All those NGO $100k/yr jobs in middle management would disappear if anything more than adding cots to FEMA trailers was ever implemented. Maybe I'm oversimplifying, but local officials also get points from their neolib constituents for defying the order.

More rural places in CA, like small towns along the Santa Maria Riverbed, worry me. I've heard many folks talk about inhumane or even violent solutions to the homeless encampments throughout those areas. I remember the stickers that started appearing on trucks after 9/11 - the terrorist hunting permits. It wouldn't surprise me if locals took things into their own hands as a reaction to the governor.

Dmac

Reaction score
Looks like San Francisco is gearing up to take down homeless camps.
Screenshot_20240801-072041.png

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads