bus rides and meet up | Squat the Planet

bus rides and meet up

travelingjoe

Reaction score
Ok looking for advice. Looked at threads and there pretty old. So here goes..

If I could hop a bus to anywhere. What's the best town to head for? In west virginia now. But want to meet up with squatters-road dogs. Towns with woods nearby for resources. And where cops Don't harrass us constantly. Looking for a descent winter climate too. Any help is appreciated.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
my first suggestion would have been nola, but there really isn't much in the way of woods to camp in around there. austin, tx is excellent for that though (camp on the far east or far south side) and if you have a bike (not hard to get once you're there) you can get anywhere very easily. there's not a huge traveler scene there (yet) but it's a good town. work is super easy to find there.

• Useful
Reactions: Odin

travelingjoe

Reaction score
Cool thanks matt.... Yeah I worked there back in 1999 when I worked for aerotek. A telephone co. 9-11-2001 I was in D.C. and 10´0000 of us got laid off. I loved Austin. Had best time of my life there seriously..... Keep that in mind.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Reactions: travelingjoe
D

Deleted member 14481

Welcome!

I wouldn't think anywhere in Texas would be good for travelers, but I only know the obnoxious qualities of Texas. What is Slab City, though?

travelingjoe

Reaction score

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads