Building Tree house. Best place to get scap wood?

MJS

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.makiphotos.com
My tree house as of now is jsut a tree platform. I'm working with scrap materials so i"m limited by lack of them.
I'm from Canada and i was wondering if you peoples had any suggestions of where I can pick up lumber of other weight baring materials.

CanoeTramp

Reaction score
Bulk trash pickup,- nearly every city has one,- one of the weekly pickups for the month is for heavy / large trash. Call your city hall if you don't allready know. I'm always picking lumber out of the trash. - You could build your own house from what others through away. Job sites if you can still find them. Manufacturers w/ lots of CNC machines, will sometimes have a constrution site type dumpsters just for the wooden crates that imported castings are shipped in. Check craigs list under free stuff, - Some builders & other businesses actually want scroung hounds like myself to come get their junk.- Other wise they have to pay some one to hall it away. Your local industrail park is a good place for over size pallets,( don't take from their good piles ) shipping crates, ect.. Large print shops through away some interesting trash that can be used as building material. If you live some place extremly rural your only sorce for scrap wood may be adandoned barns, sheds ,& houses. Good luck scrounging.

little_owl

Reaction score
Theatres when they are done with a play will usually throw stuff out at times. And it's nice how you know when that's happening with flyers or whatever of shows. And some throw out things that are just awesome whether it's just a variety of types of wood, hinges, carpet, fun props that you could use to decorate the place, lol and even doors if you're lucky.

Teko

rooted
StP Supporter
Reaction score
what exactly is your tree house going to have in it? and how big are you thinking of making it.? sounds like a awesome idea though.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads