Breaking Free | Squat the Planet

Breaking Free

Hyphae

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Skyler, I am 21 years old, I grew up in Oregon and currently live in Washington. I have been dreaming of having my own van since I was 12 years old and it's something I've been working on to this day. I enjoy hiking, mushroom hunting, gardening, and anything out in nature.

I have been avoiding traditional work for most of my life as I can not personally agree to anything that is not beneficial to people or this earth.. Which disqualifies me from 90% of jobs. I would love to connect more with people in the area of similar mindsets. I'm in Vancouver, and would love to go on hikes with others. I am very happy to have found this website. Best of luck to you all.

Edit: to be a bit more specific to anyone that may be interested, I have felt a lack of belonging for the majority of my life, and I have been planning since I was 11 or 12 years old to live on the road and meet a variety of people. I have no desire to live a suburban life, to clamor to own the newest goods and products, my life dream is to meet people and come to understand perspectives outside my own opinions. I am saving up now to own a van, and look forward to meeting all you wonderful people.

Last edited:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Hey Skyler, we're having our dirty scouts jamboree event in washington this year, might be a good opportunity to come out and meet/network with some traveler folk!

Reactions: Hyphae and kalefice

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads