Boxers

TravlinGreaser

Reaction score
Do they travel well...I wanna get one once I start on the road...my sister has a boxer and I know they are great dogs, just wondering about how well they do on the road...won't be train hopping just walking

Shakou

Reaction score
Some people swear our dog, Charlotte, is a Boxer mix of some kind, though honestly I don't see it. In anycase, if they are right, she's an extremely awesome traveling dog. However, in general, it depends on the individual dog, how comfortable they are with change, people, animals, and how willing you are to take on their needs. They are a high energy breed that can be bull-headed and need some strict training right from the get go. Otherwise, they are wonderful dogs.

Noble Savage

Reaction score
any dog or human for that matter that will walk WITH you is a good one...you don't want one that's always dragging you or being a drag...I have a redbone coonhound he'll walk your legs off but he's dummer than a box of rocks...Boxers are pretty smart but have a lot of energy that needs to be directed or they'll start eating the furniture

D

Deleted member 125

is this yer first trip? i always try to discourage people from getting dogs, you never know what the dog will be like around strangers or how it will handle sleeping in weird places etc etc. but i have met some great dogs too, so i guess its a wildcard.

TravlinGreaser

Reaction score
Not my first trip..i traveled a while with someone who had a yellow lab..i am thinking of hitting the pound and getting a dog there..feel em out on how friendly they are. if i could take my brothers dog it would be cool...she don't know any of you and she already loves you

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads