Bought a Short Bus

ByronMc

Vagabond
Current Location
Richmond
Website
www.facebook.com
Got myself a short bus, which needs a lot of work....... still living in the Chevy van & cant wait to have more room!

Attachments

Reactions: 6 people
OP
ByronMc

ByronMc

Vagabond
Current Location
Richmond
Website
www.facebook.com
nice, how much did you get it for?
$600, guy put a new gas tank & fuel pump & it would start for 30 seconds & die, then start & die again. He gave up! Needs windshield channel rust fixed, new tires, and maybe I’ll have to throw in the 82 g20 engine....... we will see..
Waiting to hear back on the insurance, fingers crossed on that. Since it’s still a school bus, but with the seats taken out yesterday, they may insure it as a transfer to rv.

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
GMAC has been known to insure school bus conversions. for the bus i had, i ended up going through a company called poliseek, which was just a reseller for GMAC. if GMAC denies you directly, try poliseek, or just keep calling until you get a rep at GMAC that will say yes.

Reactions: 2 people

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Staff member
Current Location
Rochester, NY
awesome - congrats!!!! heh and now for the hardwork - but wonderful outcomes!

OP
ByronMc

ByronMc

Vagabond
Current Location
Richmond
Website
www.facebook.com
awesome - congrats!!!! heh and now for the hardwork - but wonderful outcomes!
Oh yeah, I’ve bitten off a lot, & am going at it, slowly. Did go to the junkyard today & got a spare rim with bald tire, so when I go over to Maryland, I’ll have the spare to replace the two flats on the rear passenger side! Bring the flats back to Richmond & get used tires, if needed.
Waiting on the insurance agent to tell me if I can insure it like it is..........

OP
ByronMc

ByronMc

Vagabond
Current Location
Richmond
Website
www.facebook.com
GMAC has been known to insure school bus conversions. for the bus i had, i ended up going through a company called poliseek, which was just a reseller for GMAC. if GMAC denies you directly, try poliseek, or just keep calling until you get a rep at GMAC that will say yes.
Good to know, need to call agent today before the weekend! Then I can look into GMAC

OP
ByronMc

ByronMc

Vagabond
Current Location
Richmond
Website
www.facebook.com
Got approved by National General, for $534 a year! Now to add rv towing to my AAA for $33 & get it back to Rva where I can work on it!