[boring planning thread] | Squat the Planet

[boring planning thread]

salxtina

Reaction score
My first stop after tomorrow is to see a friend from school who moved out west, has a couch I can stay on for a few, then start hitchhiking south, making a long-belated arrival at slab city... Not sure how long I'm going to be traveling right now, want to put it on the table that for at least this whole trip I'm pretty determined not to be drinking... Here's my boring list of what I'm packing to head out with, still organizing my own thoughts, of course I'll have to pick up more things as I go probably.

Bedroll: A hammock, rope, 8x10 tarp, and secondhand usgi sleeping bag
Clothes: Socks and underwear; various, five wool sweaters, a few cotton tops,
pair of flannel-lined carharts, two pairs leggings, three pairs shorts, one pair sweatpants
swim trunks & top, two hoodies, a good peacoat, hat&gloves, scarf (can double as wrap-skirt), merrel hiking boots
Hygiene and nutrition: Toothbrush, toothpaste, bar of black soap, 99-cent conditioner, rye flour (decent shampoo substitute!),
little spray-bottle of witch hazel toner, nice beeswax lipbalm, working hands, nailclippers & file, comb, a few hairties, pads, advil,
ginseng capsules, small bag of licorice-root powder, r. rosea tincture, turmeric&black pepper, chili powder
Tools/other: A 8-in-1 screwdriver, pocket knife, small sewing/repair kit,
two small thermoses, one larger metal cold-water bottle, one alternate Nice Hat & dress shirt,
phone, 7" tablet, charger, money, ID, copy of "I And Thou",
a small assortment of origami paper, &some zines that Lizard Tree or others may be interested in...

I diligently found homes where people would care for my adopted ferns&cacti when I go. ::bookworm::

Last edited:

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
Hey! I've been putzing up and down california all winter! Let me know if you're ever around the Los Angeles area and we should meet up and kick it!

Reactions: salxtina

salxtina

Reaction score
EphemeralStick - will do!

Slanky - Yeah I wound up removing two of the sweaters and one of the pairs of shorts for room in pack. Having at least 3 wool sweaters seems important at minimum though. Another thing that would help would be to pick up a compression stuff-sack for the sleeping bag... Well until I get to significantly warmer climate at least, I'll be wearing a lot of that all at once all of the time, leggings under carharts, sweater under hoodie under peacoat, etc, so it'll be on me rather than in the bag. Hmm I don't see a brand name on this pack, I got it at a second-hand store, it looks old but it can't be that old because it's got an internal-frame.

D

Deleted member 125

3 wool sweaters still sounds like a lot to me but right on if it's not weighing you down. ide pick up a good beanie or wool cap if you don't have one, a lot of heat escapes for yer dome.

Last edited:

salxtina

Reaction score
utah.gif

Untitled.gif

@oak moth right on!
Utah photos...
Spent a week camped at the slabs then hitched east again, on a friend's couch in the san juans during the craxy storm...
Sonoran flower and wildlife pics soon!

Last edited:
  • Love It
Reactions: Koala

Prophetess333

Reaction score
I've got a woodland marpat "blanket" aka poncho liner i still sleep with. It's military, dries fast, keeps warm in winter & cool in summer. Pretty light too. I recommend along with a warmer blanket just in case ☺

Reactions: salxtina

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads