boat living in Key West

upthepunx187

Reaction score
i thought i posted this last night but i guess not, well i have just left living down in Key West FL for the past 8 months and ill say if you can make down there without dying in main land FL then its really a good place to wait out the winter. you can live on a boat anywhere in the water around key west for free. you can get none working sailboat for little to no money, then anchor them anywhere you want. Most people anchor off christmas tree island about 200yards off downtown key west. id say there are a good 200-300 boats out there. and the island is always fun to party on there are camps set up all over made with washed up old sails and wood. music around campfires all the time and good ole' hooch being made all the time. you can make good money busking downtown, i would make $40-$60 dollars in a few hours most days if not at least enough for beer and food. plus you can drink anywhere on the island so you never get busted for drinking on the streets. there is a cool drop-in (project lighthouse) for kids 21 and under but they always let me hang out there and do my laundry and shower. there are tons of roofs to sleep and hang out on. a lot of the kids that come down here end up working on big pirate tall ships. there is a ton of shit to do like go up the jumping bridge and go swimming. lot of iguanas and ocean life abound. its just an idea for anyone who cant handle the winter weather.

Smallredbox

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I went out there last july, and its was pretty badass. I saw a few guys busking, and they were doing all right for themselves. I've been thinking about going back there next summer, maybe bring my ukulele and play some jimmy buffett songs :D

Smallredbox

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Well, busking IS about making money :D and he's practically a god down there. I probably actually know one or two of his songs, but I cannot seem to recall any.

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
wow they haven't clearcutted christmas tree island yet? that's good news

but you cant drink anywhere on key west.. they'll bust you especially on the beaches there. only duval street can you get away with that

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads