Bit stuck on how to go about this. (1 Viewer)

DIY Nihilism

Lurker
Current Location
Newcastle, UK
Hey,
I may have posted this in the wrong place, if i have, please correct me, and i'll move it. Posting it here because currently i'm settled into a home, and feel i cannot get out because of my current situation which i'll address below.

I've recently managed to start transitioning with the use of HRT meds, but due to the prescription needing an address and the place that does the meetings needing an address to send letters to i feel like i've been locked into where i'm currently living with no means of being able to travel.

Does anyone have any suggestions, mainly for picking up the prescription letters and getting them to me, i'm sure that the people i need to meet up with every now and then can be organised over the phone to do.

Really wanting to get out there, and being stuck here is absolutely driving me insane.

Again, sorry if posted inside of the wrong part of the forums.

Reactions: 1 person
We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

landpirate

campervan untilising nomadic traveller
Current Location
Brighton, United Kingdom
Hey no worries on that, I'm going to move it to the staying healthy section as it's about prescriptions, I think that's a better fit. If anyone has a better idea though I'm open to suggestions.

Hopefully someone will have some useful info for you :)

Reactions: DIY Nihilism

landpirate

campervan untilising nomadic traveller
Current Location
Brighton, United Kingdom
Just realised I might actually have some thoughts on this. Forgot you were in the UK! :rolleyes:

Have you spoken to your doctor's about the fact you want to travel as they might be able to arrange stuff for you? I don't take any ongoing medication but I have been to lots of different doctors surgeries all over the country and they have a duty to look after you. After all it's the National Health service.

I obviously don't know your exact circumstances so maybe my info isn't useful, but I think it's worth being open with them. It might be you can use a local homeless charity as your address. I've done that before. Alternatively if you have a sympathetic friend or family member who's address you can use for correspondence/doctor sign up.

Some bigger towns and cities have dedicated homeless clinics (Brighton and Bristol definitely do for example) so that could be worth checking out if you're somewhere for an extended period of time.

OP
DIY Nihilism

DIY Nihilism

Lurker
Current Location
Newcastle, UK
Honestly landpirate. All the info you have given me there is AMAZING. Really do think using that i can probably utilise it with a little work to have it work out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$540.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $200.00 of $200.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

VampireFreaks.com is closing it's website on Fed 1st 2020, after 20 years of being the home for "alternative" social networking. They will continue the con and the online store, but the site and forum will be laid to rest.
Love my bike polo family: keep my ass grounded and in a healthy mental status!
Grilled Mental anguish over lack of will to do what need done. Served bland on a bed of fuck yourself over... self destruction recipes like momma used to make!
Meditated in the woods today. Decided to start doing this weekly while I continue to research and buy camping gear, so that I can get used to being actually in the forest, which carries with it varying temperatures and so many God damn bugs.
It's always nice to see fireflies again..
Feelin' dat circus magic yo
Just saw a bunch of church kids run across the street screaming JAY WALKIN FOR JESUS
Separating , what I need and what the Gods And Goddesses will soon bless me with ... HER magic ....
ibuzzard wrote on quad8's profile.
Really hope you aren’t posting some anti-semitic B.S.?
[short Hail Mary re-write I did]
Come and get me, mate
If you motherfuckers want quad 8
If Stobe was still drinking booze, he would never ride with Jew
Na na-na-na na-na-na-na

Get off that 8
'Cuz it's time to set your punk-ass straight
It's STP here now, steve-0 got it down and locked
la la-la-la la-la-la-locked

"Now I return to my regular self, and have fun again!" :)

Staff online