Travelogue Biking from Las Cruces to Minneapolis

pcflvly

Reaction score
Website
ello.co
Bike touring is pretty chill but sometimes it's hard, like today. Forty-five miles into a hard wind gaining 1500 feet of elevation. The reward was at the end of the day in finding a sweet campsite, stealth level sweet. I mean, it's still windy out and this spot is totally sheltered.
IMG_20240901_184036.jpg

pcflvly

Reaction score
Website
ello.co
Yesterday was great. Three young men from Colombia stopped on the highway to give me water but when they figured out that I was a real traveler, they gave me everything: money, weed, wax, and a six inch sub. The wind went hard against me today though. Twenty plus miles per hour directly in my face and it was still thirty miles to Dalhart, Texas. So I'm riding along with my head down, struggling right, and there next to the shoulder was a twelve pack of Corona. Up till then I was only making about five miles at a stretch but after I downed one of those beers, I rode twelve miles all at once. That beer was like spinach to Popeye. Finally made Dalhart and holed up at Lake Rita Blanca waiting out the wind. I hope to make Texhoma tomorrow.

Reactions: NamelessExistence

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads