bike co-ops? | Squat the Planet

bike co-ops?

Gypsybones

Reaction score
Website
highonwheels.tumblr.com
Where are you? Post where a bike co-op is and all the info on them, so touring jerks like myself can hook up when in town.

No co-ops? Just bike punks or nurds? Just as good, post up so fools can gets the wrench on.

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Reaction score
Website
ciggybuttbrain.wordpress.com
Magic City Bike Collective in Miami FL at 1100 N Miami Ave, open Tu & Th 6-9pm and Sat 2-6pm for parts and tune-ups!

Also the Miami Bike Scene is super active with group rides on almost every day of the week and an enormous Critical Mass ride on the last Friday of every month

• Useful
Reactions: Pedal to the Metal

Dunedrifter

Reaction score
The community bike kitchen at the Jefferson School/Community Center is open Tuesday and Wednesday evenings from 6 to 8 p.m. at 1000 B Street, Eureka California.

They have a full shop and tools for you to use, plus monthly classes on different bike repairs, and even have a women and trans only night. Awesome people!

Last edited:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Austin, TX has the yellow bike project, just a cool space to work on your bike and parts are silly cheap.

Reactions: Pedal to the Metal

Pedal to the Metal

Pedal To The Metal
Reaction score
Bicas bike co-op in Tucson is great. Very helpful, lots of parts and tools. If low on funds can volunteer in exchange for parts and shop time. http://bicas.org/

Another that I never fail to pass by is the Ft Collins community bike co-op. Great selection of parts and plenty of room to work. http://fcbikecoop.org/

• Sad
Reactions: Testicool

JanykShorrths

Reaction score
Minneapolis has some pretty solid resources and a really active bike scene. Spokes/Cycles for Change are community bike shops with lots of cheap parts and open shop hours. Grease Rag is a women/trans/femme focused group that has a lot of great resources available if you identify as any of those things. The Grease Pit has open shop hours and parts. The Hub Bike Co-Op (a worker owned bike shop) has used parts and shop space. One on One is a shop with a cool bike/part graveyard in the basement that's great to dig through for cheap stuff.

A bit further removed, East Lake is a brewery that is run by some people in the bike community and is a big hangout for cyclists. Seward Cafe and especially Hard Times have definitely been more punk/traveler friendly and home to a cyclist contingent, although I think both spaces have lost some of that in the past few years. Hard Times in particular was a big hub for the tallbike community (some cool back story about that scene in the documentary B.I.K.E.). Chatting people up at these places can be a good bet for getting connected to other resources. I don't have much experience with Black Label Bike Club, but they could probably point you toward resources more geared toward the DIY side (they're a sort of mutant/tall bike club that's been active for quite a while).

Reactions: duderino

nastynaty

Reaction score
Website
www.readdesert.org
Esperanza community bicycle shop in albuquerque has free bikes parts and service that come with a recommended price tag but you don't have to pay if you cant. A friend of mine has procured some pretty nice stuff from there. You can also volunteer to help out and if you do you get a kind of first dibs on nice stuff.

• Useful
Reactions: Testicool

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads