Big Sur

Johnny Lightspeed

Reaction score
Big Sur is the tits, I just got back from there. I ended up meeting a bunch of locals who sat us down and got us all kindsa loaded and told us all about the history of bug sur. Turns out hearst castle south of big sur has a collection of zebras and giraffes and whatnot and some of them escaped decades ago. Some of the animals survived and had kids so if you spend enough time in the backcountry you could might run into a zebra. Probably a false story but I'm kind of choosing to beleive it. Theres an excellent bridge to sleep under in the middle of town. Oh ya and if your planning on spending a few days there make sure to stock up on food in carmel if your coming from the south or monterrey if your coming from the north because food at big sur is super expensive, nobody accepts foodstamps, and I don't think spanging/busking would get you too far. Hitching's real easy but thats been said.

STAYING ALIVE

Reaction score
i love big sur
amazing scenery
if your heading south and you stop in that little small town Gorda the people there are so nice and the guy who works at the gas station will set you up with food

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads