Question Best places to go in Britain and Ireland?

RebelWaltz

Reaction score
Soon I’ll be heading off for an indefinite trip around Britain/Ireland out of my tent, bed and board, the kindness of strangers etc. I’m trying to plan a loose list of places to visit as I travel. Cities, towns, nature, camping spots. I’m from Edinburgh so I’ll be starting from there. At first I’ll probably wander round the Central Belt, then either down south for Northern England or possibly up into the north-east or isles. I plan on going all over though.

Any anarchist adjacent spots to check out? Cool wee villages? Places to volunteer?

• Best of Luck!
Reactions: ali

roguetrader

Reaction score
well I'm in the SW (Devon to be precise) and down this way Bristol is the mecca for all things alternative and radical... I'm on the vehicle dwelling hardcore raver scene and naturally there's plenty of that in and around Bris, but then you got the punk and live music scene / radical politics / guerilla gardening / graffiti & hip hop - basically theres always loads going on... its the kind of town where you can just rock up, make a beeline for someone who looks like your kinda person and start chatting about what you're hoping to find...

If you make it down to Devon / the SW, you can maybe message me for more advice and / or we could meet up for a quick pint - I live near Totnes which is another mecca - this time we're talking all things hippy / wholefoods & sustainability...

I can also possibly host for a night or two in one of our vehicles - I'm an aging punk male and I live with my 19 year old daughter and her mother out in the countryside....

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads