Battery backup charger | Squat the Planet

Battery backup charger

Art101

Reaction score
Picked up a BlackWeb backup charger for 35 bucks at Wallyworld.So far I have been able to get 2 full charges and a full Kindle charge off of it.Takes about 5 hours to fully charge.It has a solid case made from aluminum.Seems very solid.Haven't dragged it out on the road yet but will keep ya all informed.

ntdxc1878

Reaction score
Picked up a BlackWeb backup charger for 35 bucks at Wallyworld.So far I have been able to get 2 full charges and a full Kindle charge off of it.Takes about 5 hours to fully charge.It has a solid case made from aluminum.Seems very solid.Haven't dragged it out on the road yet but will keep ya all informed.
I bought something similar recently. Totally worth it in my opinion, saved my ass a couple times. I get at least 5 or 6 charges on my phone but mine takes a loooong time to charge, at least 12 hours. That's a downside because unless I'm sleeping near an outlet I can't really charge it. But I usually seem to get housed up enough to where I can charge. Would highly recommend to anyone considering it. Worth the price.

nivoldoog

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I have a PoketJuice - endurance A.C.
1200mAH
Was about 40 at Walmart..
But was a sweet kick down from a fellow vet.
Takes about 12 to 16 hours to charge, but I can charge a large Phone like 4 times fully.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
I have an iGO 6000 mAH power bank charger - couple years old - doesn't take long at all to charge and I can charge a dead phone and dead notepad off it with juice to spare.

Thing I don't care about it (and I don't know if this is a common feature) is the stupid flashlight on it (Why?) with a rinky dink button that may shut it off or take many pushings to shut it off. Really hate relying on it but then opening up side pocket on backpack and OH NOES - darn flash light is on.

But I love having it - saved me a lot when I wasn't paying attention to my phone/notepad power.

• Haha
Reactions: ntdxc1878

ntdxc1878

Reaction score
I have an iGO 6000 mAH power bank charger - couple years old - doesn't take long at all to charge and I can charge a dead phone and dead notepad off it with juice to spare.

Thing I don't care about it (and I don't know if this is a common feature) is the stupid flashlight on it (Why?) with a rinky dink button that may shut it off or take many pushings to shut it off. Really hate relying on it but then opening up side pocket on backpack and OH NOES - darn flash light is on.

But I love having it - saved me a lot when I wasn't paying attention to my phone/notepad power.
Mine has the same thing! I hate it too, serves no purpose...and mine is pretty damn bright. Use that energy to charge my phone! ::arrgh::

D

Deleted member 8978

Not too long ago, I got fed up with smaller cheap-ass power banks that drug stores sell. I spent roughly $40 (including shipping) for a 20,000 mAh power bank with 4 output USB ports and 2 input ports for charging.

Last edited:

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Said 10000 mAh/37Wh on back.I am not a super tech kinda guy lol.Just works for me lol.

Holy shit! 10000 mAh?? That thing must weight 10 pounds. I have a 4500 mAh one. It is a lifesaver when I'm in the middle of a city with no charge trying to figure out where I'm going on myphone.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Not too long ago, I got fed up with smaller cheap-ass power banks that drug stores sell. I spent roughly $40 (including shipping) for a 20,000 mAh power bank with 4 output USB ports and 2 input ports for charging.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01422TC14/

AND a flashlight! ;)

I looked at the specs and like it - really like the 4 out and 2 in as well - less time spent. Size wise it's Size: 6.57 x 3.15 x 0.86in
Weight: 454g/16 oz. May have to upgrade!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 8978

Only one button controls the four-light meter and the built in flashlight. You have to push the button twice to turn the flashlight on/off. I've had no problems with that since I bought it.

AND a flashlight! ;)

I looked at the specs and like it - really like the 4 out and 2 in as well - less time spent. Size wise it's Size: 6.57 x 3.15 x 0.86in
Weight: 454g/16 oz. May have to upgrade!

Last edited:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads