Auxi Socks

Brother X

caput gerat lupinum
Reaction score
Website
www.thepsychopath.org
Anybody have any experience with these? Thinking of buying 2 pair for my June trek up through Cali (mostly walking)

--------

http://www.mohmatt.com/#socks

Designed initially to combat foot infections afflicting the homeless from a lack of long lasting socks, Auxi Socks are able to weather harsh environments, administer basic foot hygiene, and serve adequately as shoes if the need arises.

Smart Fabric
HEATS WHEN COLD, AND COOLS WHEN HOT
Cost effective, patent pending smart fabric filters cool air when hot, retains/circulates heat when cold, and doesn't damp from moisture.

Compartmentalized
HIDDEN LOCKABLE POCKETS TO DETER THEFT
The Auxi Socks come with three hidden compartments for storage per sock. Sufficient to store money, snacks, and important documents (i.e. proof of identification). The compartments are lockable using power grip velcro via the blended button in the center, instructions included with socks.

Weathers Any Terrain
EVEN GLASS WON'T TEAR IT
Threaded and layered using innovative fabrics and techniques, the Auxi socks can withstand the harshest of urban and even natural terrains and environments.

Basic Foot Hygiene
COATED WITH DRIED DEODORANT ALTERNATIVE
In addition to air circulation, Auxi Socks administer foot care that tends to perspiration and odor. The inner layer is coated with a dried natural deoderant alternative that is suitable for delicate skin and long lasting (1+ years).

?format=500w.jpg

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Reaction score
Hmm, here are my thoughts on each of the points:
Cost effective, patent pending smart fabric filters cool air when hot, retains/circulates heat when cold, and doesn't damp from moisture.
This sounds like pseudo-scientific nonsense.
The Auxi Socks come with three hidden compartments for storage per sock.
This seems gimmicky and unnecessary.
Threaded and layered using innovative fabrics and techniques, the Auxi socks can withstand the harshest of urban and even natural terrains and environments.
Cool if true but there are cheaper socks that are also pretty sturdy.
In addition to air circulation, Auxi Socks administer foot care that tends to perspiration and odor. The inner layer is coated with a dried natural deodorant alternative that is suitable for delicate skin and long lasting (1+ years).
This is the only point that interests me but you can easily put Gold Bond powder in your socks and shoes and try to air them out as often as possible.
I usually wear these Wrightsocks with my Docs. They're a pretty good deal and the double layer thing really helps with blisters.

Brother X

caput gerat lupinum
Reaction score
Website
www.thepsychopath.org
Yeah, I usually wear Wells/Lamont work socks which are thick and last forever, but someone I know online told me they got a pair of the Auxi and they were as advertised. But I'm skeptical, hence why I asked if anyone here had any feedback.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i'm removing the 'resource' tag since this doesn't really seem like a resource? i could be wrong. thanks for posting though, the socks are interesting...

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
depends on the tech... there are nano silver infused fabrics out there I hear with antibacterial properties...
so you have to know the product.

Reactions: Brother X

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads