Asheville Bound

Shatari

Reaction score
Soon I will be squatting the streets and trees of Ashevillle within the next week. Anybody out there who is fluent in the area? It has been a while since I have surfed the urban concrete waves and I would really be appreciative of any info. BTW, this site kicks ass and is a great resource of information...glad to be a part of this community.

bryanpaul

Reaction score
watch out for the cops..... they really dont like the homeless folks sometimes there..........firestorm cafe is a good place to hang out and meet interesting people (and stuck up anarcho-hipsters) best bet for camping is awayfrom downtown.... theres an area by the wal-mart along the "river" with nice wooded areas and shit.... i only slept in dumb spots or houses the times i've been there.....find the cool lookin folks and ask them .......... if you hitch outta town in any direction and are careful not to encroach on someones property there's endless camp opportunities..... maybe others will be more helpfull.....maybe i'll see ya there sometime this summer

Shatari

Reaction score
watch out for the cops..... they really dont like the homeless folks sometimes there..........firestorm cafe is a good place to hang out and meet interesting people (and stuck up anarcho-hipsters) best bet for camping is awayfrom downtown.... theres an area by the wal-mart along the "river" with nice wooded areas and shit.... i only slept in dumb spots or houses the times i've been there.....find the cool lookin folks and ask them .......... if you hitch outta town in any direction and are careful not to encroach on someones property there's endless camp opportunities..... maybe others will be more helpfull.....maybe i'll see ya there sometime this summer

Thanks for the heads up and I believe you are correct when you say they don't like the homeless...I think camping is going to be my norm, so the walmart idea might be a good plan of action, but I have always got my jeep to fall back on during the really cold nights. Cheers cya this summer if come through.

bryanpaul

Reaction score
there's more spots that i know of but i'm too lazy to type and if you just roll in and find the local homeless place(ferget the name).....it's a house a block from the salvation army right downtown there's some cool homebums who could turn you on to places.....swannanoa and black mountain and "biltmore" area(south of asheville are good spots to poke around..........get to biltmore area (forget the name of the road) and cross the river and the tracks and about a mile up that rd...hendersonville rd(just 'membered) is the highway...go under the highway and just on the left is a big hill....there is a trail that goes up there..kinda hidden....good camping used to be up there....just be sure if any homebums are already posted up that theyre trustworthy..............and to anyone reading this.....dont blow up the spot yo..............actually the bridge next to the mcdonalds in billtmore by the tracks is godd for a few nights....

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads