Article about folks living on on boats in Richardson Bay Sausolito | Squat the Planet

Article about folks living on on boats in Richardson Bay Sausolito

Older Than Dirt

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score

Older Than Dirt

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
A boat barely afloat still sounds maybe better than a doorway or tent. Though i suppose doorways seldom sink and drown folks.

As an ex-speedfreak, cooking up a shot or even holding any meth on a boat seems challenging. The biker speed we used to get from the Pagans (PA/NJ bikers) back in the '80s used to turn to gooey sluglike jelly in humidity, so not so nautical a drug. Perhaps modern speed is more boating-friendly.

Reactions: Juan Derlust

Dameon

Reaction score
A boat barely afloat still sounds maybe better than a doorway or tent. Though i suppose doorways seldom sink and drown folks.

As an ex-speedfreak, cooking up a shot or even holding any meth on a boat seems challenging. The biker speed we used to get from the Pagans (PA/NJ bikers) back in the '80s used to turn to gooey sluglike jelly in humidity, so not so nautical a drug. Perhaps modern speed is more boating-friendly.
Sure, a boat is better shelter than nothing, until you wind up with a boat that's sinking during a storm where your anchoring choices have left the Coast Guard 50 feet or less to maneuver safely, and you're not a sailor and you need rescue because you aren't prepared for how windy and violent Richardson's Bay can be. I understand why people look for places they can live without getting fucked with, but moving into anchorages on derelict boats just because it's better than sleeping in a doorway just fucks everything for everybody, while placing your own life at risk. If you want to do boats, then do it right.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Interesting read - thanks!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads