Are there any musicians here and what do you play?

benje

Reaction score
Would be interested in checking out people's work. What do you play and are you in a working band? I play guitar, mostly heavy stuff. Too punk for metal, too metal for punk.

R

river dog

punk rawk and bluegrass on the banjer; and any style you want but mostly crusty metal shit and break-beat-psychedelic-space-jazz-whatever-jam stuff on drums. all my recordings are on 4 track tapes and not in any digital form so i guess i'd have to mail ya a tape...

benje

Reaction score
punk rawk and bluegrass on the banjer; and any style you want but mostly crusty metal shit and break-beat-psychedelic-space-jazz-whatever-jam stuff on drums. all my recordings are on 4 track tapes and not in any digital form so i guess i'd have to mail ya a tape...

I'd be into that, maybe I could trade you my band's tape we're about to release? Here's my band.

R

river dog

ooo, that noise is fun! i spose i could whip up some fresh traxxx for listening pleasure, i really just record for my own personal archives but i'd be down for trades, just gimme some time, like for realz, a month at least i would imagine

E

Earth

Electric Bass Guitar, fretted and fretless - 4, 5, 6, and 8 string configutations.
Mainly use a 5 string Syme Guitar that's fretless, along with a 6 string TUNE thats set up like a Chapman Stick
I hope to aquire one of those early next year....

I grew up exposed to the late 70's early 80's NYC downtown scene, so pretty much anything Avant / Noise / Experemental
is where I'm at.

Played in a couple of hardcore bands back in the day (Adam-12 out of NYC, Official Hooligans out of New Haven) along with the performance art based Third Uncle (NYC) and Thee Sin Eaters Death Party (my very last band, R.I.P. 2003), NYC's Lucid Intervals, although I'm part of "Homeowners", which is a duo 'sound' project so to speak....

Today I tend to focus more on the recording end of things (still using analog tape !!) and very rarely ever perform live.......
My music years are kinda behind me as I'm more into my dog, cats, and defending nature these days.
But, since you asked................ I figured I'd reply :)

oki

Reaction score
piano recorder djembe organ and guitar, used to play in a psycedelic harcore band (doesnt really cover the style, we liked the velvets i guess)
did live acid and tekno for years, with analogue synths and drummachines at underground parties.
and some ethnic blues with arcate4ever ofcourse. :)
now mostly remixing other peoples stuff without their permission.

benje

Reaction score
piano recorder djembe organ and guitar, used to play in a psycedelic harcore band (doesnt really cover the style, we liked the velvets i guess)
did live acid and tekno for years, with analogue synths and drummachines at underground parties.
and some ethnic blues with arcate4ever ofcourse. :)
now mostly remixing other peoples stuff without their permission.

I'm somewhat of a synth nerd. You ever get into 8bit stuff?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads