Anyone Sailing to the Yucatan | Squat the Planet

Anyone Sailing to the Yucatan

biometreker

Reaction score
Hello folks. i am looking for options to get down into mexico and skip the usa-mexico boarder. (i have a passport) but i dont want to get killed in a border city. So me and a friend are looking to meet up/ hitch a ride via sailboat to the Yucatan peninsula. I have a little bit of sailing expirence on tall ships and windjammers in maine. my friend.....has a picture of a boat in his room. so adventure is out there. we can take care of some food but we are really trying to hitchhike via boat. Please let me know . Only if you are going to be in the Gulf region mid november. Thanks!

L

liberationmoves

What timing. I just made a thread on this. You got me thinking you are the spooks even though my thread is 9 minutes behind yours, I was typing it for a while.

Do you have a plan from Yucatan?

Last edited:

biometreker

Reaction score
That is too weird. me and my friend are going to try to hit every country in central and south america. (huge ambition. but gotta start somewhere) We want to see the Mayan ruins, then go to Belize and just keep going south. backpacking, sailing, hitchhiking (however that works down there) . are you planning on doing that voyage?

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
OoOOOoOOo sounds like one hell of a great trip!

sucuri

Reaction score
Website
www.HitchTheWorld.com
Good luck, make sure you have a sturdy boat @liberationmoves , make two compartments, one in the bow and one in the stern, fill 'em with styrofoam, and then nail them shut, that way if you get swamped at least your boat will float.

Anyone can just walk across the US border, at least from the USA to Mexico. Last I did it was 2009 and it was like going into SIx Flags, just walk through the turnstyle. @biometreker, you can hitchhike easily everywhere in Latin America, you only really need a boat to get from Panama to Colombia.

D

Deleted member 20

I like how the friend has a pic of a boat in his room. Lots of kids have pics of the starship enterprise hanging up on their walls, that dont exactly make em captain friggen kirk. Lol

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads