Anyone have project or website ideas? | Squat the Planet

Anyone have project or website ideas?

Leocalifornya

Reaction score
Whats up bro?! What kind of ideas you lookin' for? My mind is a buzzin with all sorts of interesting bits. You trying to get paid for your service, or so you just want something to do? Or maybe a bit o' both?

Let me know..
Peace

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
well, do you have any experience with xenforo? i have a killer idea for a forum addon but haven't had enough money to pay someone to program it ($600-1000 are the best estimates i've gotten so far).

also, i think designing a hitchhiking app would be cool.

Reaction score
Website
coloradomountain.org
What kind if features do are you thinking for a hitchhiking app? I've always encouraged people to track GPX way points, and tracks. An app specifically for hitchhikers, hikers, and train hoppers would be cool. Check out https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPS_Exchange_Format How many people would be interested in something like this? I guess I seem to forget how many people have phones :p

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
What kind if features do are you thinking for a hitchhiking app? I've always encouraged people to track GPX way points, and tracks. An app specifically for hitchhikers, hikers, and train hoppers would be cool. Check out https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPS_Exchange_Format How many people would be interested in something like this? I guess I seem to forget how many people have phones :p

i just think some kind of app that matches hitchhikers with people to pick them up.

the project i want to do on stp is a notification whenever someone logs in within x amount of miles from your last login (that's the short version).

OstrichJockey

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Make a hitchhiking app please. :) Like Uber for scumfucks, plus a map that hitch hikers can add themselves as waypoints, and nice people can view exactly where they're at. Clicking on the point, you could make a screen pop up with a short bio, a picture of them and a few fun facts like, "Pets?:" "Packs?:" "Days since last shower?:..."

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads