Any websites that specialize in listing used converted vans? | Squat the Planet

Any websites that specialize in listing used converted vans?

zeevanlife

Reaction score
Is there any website that specializes in the sale of used converted vans for #vanlife/#rubbertramping? I'd travel to any state in the union for the right used van. Also any tips on buying used fleet vans? I hear those are really good deals as they are usually maintained really well. Thanks!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Reactions: Shit Beetle

mouse

Reaction score
Thank you so much. If I'm rubber tramping I"m committed to white stealth cargo vans.

Most of the vandwelling-related forums have a marketplace subforum, but I think craigslist would be easier. The trick will be figuring out how to find converted vans, since there is no name for DIY campers.

Here's a craigslist example around Santa Fe to give you an idea of how to craft more complex searches. Adapt as needed. Here's the RSS version you can load that up in a feed reader (RSS app) on your phone and you will only see new posts. Better living through technology.

Edited to add: I forgot to mention that when you start looking at actual vans, you may want to get a 30day unlimited VIN searches from autocheck.com. They are like carfax but usually have better fleet/auction/commercial data. When I did it the cost was something like $50 for the month. Truly worth it. A VIN check and mechanic's inspection (usually $50-$100) can help identify lemons and money pits. Good luck to you, brother.

Last edited:

roguetrader

Reaction score
don't know about the US but eBay always has plenty of converted vans in the UK

also do you guys have vehicle disposal auctions available to the public ? sometimes a big concern like the Post Office will have 50 older vans they want to get rid of - sometimes they go for crazy low prices - bit of a gamble but you can usually look them over to some degree

• Useful
Reactions: Juan Derlust

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads