Any tips for biking the Appalachian Trail?

Asar

Reaction score
This is an old thread, but just in case other people come across it, bicycles are prohibited on the AT. Don't even do it. It's damaging to the ecosystem and there's other long distance trails made for mountain biking that you can ride. (Look up the Rails to Trails program)

Redd Capp

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Cant be done. The AT train is designed as to discourage moutain biking with log and trap rocks. Its even hard to push a bike with your gear on it on the trail. Tried making a short cut and ended up carring it more then pushing it. BTW you can get from Fredricksburg VA/ Mannasas VA to Portland ME entirely by commuter train-VRE-MARC-SEPTA-NJ Transit-METRO NORTH-MBTA-NORTHEASTER.

Unslap

Reaction score
I've seen People trying to take day bike trips on the AT, and they were struggling. Even if you don't mind arrest, youll end up crushing and running over the skinny backpackers

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads