Any Good Routes Out of L.A?

SnakeOilWilly

Reaction score
I know SoCal sucks. Believe me, I know. It's one of the only places I've ever hitched. But I've never had that much fun hitching in SoCal. So I'm wondering, are there ANY easy to routes coming out of L.A? I don't even care which direction It's headed. All I'm looking for is a route that won't take me 5 hours to get a ride (slight exaggeration but only sight).

K

Kim Chee

SoCal is horrible for hitching.

Better to get a bus or metrolink ride in the direction you are going. Two days to go 50 miles is not uncommon.

SnakeOilWilly

Reaction score
SoCal is horrible for hitching.

Better to get a bus or metrolink ride in the direction you are going. Two days to go 50 miles is not uncommon.

I've never had as bad of luck as only going 50 miles in two days but I've been close.

I've hitched in Arizona and though I may not have had the best of luck it was miles ahead of SoCal.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
S

spectacular

You can always try going up the 1. I've had good luck there and the 101 after Santa Barbara or so. Any other routes will be tough.

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
You can basically take transit from san diego all the way past sacramento. Not greyhound just different commuter buses. Also what @bizzolizzo said. Because bus's are fuckin monotonous. All this said if your heading north. Red line to the orange line get off at the warner center and jump on a bus twoards ventura.

Last edited:

XlilyX

Reaction score
Website
hashbone.bandcamp.com
To go North on i5 from LA, id recommend taking the metrolink antellope valley line, departing from union station. Get off at the Newhal stop in San clemente, it costs seven dollars. Then take the local bus (can't remember the number) to the mcbean transit center (your train ticket is recognized as fare, and they do check tickets on the antellope valley line). From there take the number one bus to Castaic.Way better than San clemente for hitching, lots of truckers and 24 businesses.

• Useful
Reactions: watson

XlilyX

Reaction score
Website
hashbone.bandcamp.com
To go North on i5 from LA, id recommend taking the metrolink antellope valley line, departing from union station. Get off at the Newhal stop in San clemente, it costs seven dollars. Then take the local bus (can't remember the number) to the mcbean transit center (your train ticket is recognized as fare, and they do check tickets on the antellope valley line). From there take the number one bus to Castaic.Way better than San clemente for hitching, lots of truckers and 24 businesses.
Santa clarita, not San clemente , whoops

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads