Any fellow metalheads?

Ravynstouch6

Reaction score
It's been 8 years and my road buddy (Sid V the CAT) has passed away and I'm looking to get back out. I'm looking however to acquire further mates that are more in tune with my likings and etc this go around... any metalheads? It's now me and my gf. Got our car until we don't. (not much life left in it) Looking to not really hit any fucking "gatherings" because that has only ever been trash to me. I am schwilly and my girl only smokes. We do not partake in hard drugs 🖕In the Panhandle of Penshitola, FL. Thought about hitting the Keys before leaving once more from Florida...but if anyone has seen... I believe it's going to be hard for anyone with the immigrant situation at hand. (🐷)
We are about snagging up our passports if anyone wants to further adventure out...

Attachments

• IMG_20221119_225128204.jpg
    IMG_20221119_225128204.jpg
    457.5 KB · Views: 87

The Toecutter

The Patron Saint of Filth
Reaction score
The only true Mayhem is the OG Mayhem. RIP Dead.

Also, anyone familiar with Dimmu Borgir? The song below, Sorgens Kammer Del II, is my favorite of their offerings:

And as far as aesthetics/imagery goes, I really like this video of The Sacrilegious Scorn:

Also into Dark Synth. Carpenter Brut managed to make metal out of synth without a guitar:

wesleywilliam

Reaction score

Also, anyone familiar with Dimmu Borgir? The song below, Sorgens Kammer Del II, is my favorite of their offerings:

And as far as aesthetics/imagery goes, I really like this video of The Sacrilegious Scorn:

Also into Dark Synth. Carpenter Brut managed to make metal out of synth without a guitar:

Isn’t dimmu borgir the black metal band that literally says they’re better than everyone else? Ive never been too much into black/death metal; maybe I’m thinking of someone else

The Toecutter

Reaction score
Isn’t dimmu borgir the black metal band that literally says they’re better than everyone else? Ive never been too much into black/death metal; maybe I’m thinking of someone else

Don't know. They wouldn't be the only such band to claim that. And it is very disappointing that they basically kicked Vortex out of the band. A Satanic black metal band forcing someone out because he had a drinking problem. The layered irony of that is rich, especially when you consider that his voice is so unearthly that it took an entire orchestral chorus to replace it.

Exhibit A, where you can hear Vortex's solo:

Exhibit B, where you can hear the entirety of an orchestral chorus attempting, yet still not matching the pitch and tone of that voice for the same solo:

I like Ghoul Chapel more because they sound like them, have a similar style and aesthetic, but are greatly more authentic. They don't have Vortex's unearthly voice, but neither has Dimmu Borgir for more than a decade, and it isn't as if there's anything else out there that can match that.

wesleywilliam

Reaction score
Don't know. They wouldn't be the only such band to claim that. And it is very disappointing that they basically kicked Vortex out of the band. A Satanic black metal band forcing someone out because he had a drinking problem. The layered irony of that is rich, especially when you consider that his voice is so unearthly that it took an entire orchestral chorus to replace it.

Exhibit A, where you can hear Vortex's solo:

Exhibit B, where you can hear the entirety of an orchestral chorus attempting, yet still not matching the pitch and tone of that voice for the same solo:

I like Ghoul Chapel more because they sound like them, have a similar style and aesthetic, but are greatly more authentic. They don't have Vortex's unearthly voice, but neither has Dimmu Borgir for more than a decade, and it isn't as if there's anything else out there that can match that.

Haha yes that’s is very ironic. You’d think they’d let him “do what he wilt”

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

Mayhem is a bunch of edgelord assholes. These episodes of Last Podcast on the Left give a pretty interesting perspective:

285Norwegian Black Metal, Part I: Chainsaw Gutsfuck1:30:512017-09-11
286Norwegian Black Metal, Part II: Orc Urinal1:01:002017-09-15
287Norwegian Black Metal, Part III: This Laughable Society1:14:072017-09-21

Or read the book Lords of Chaos.

Anyways, @Ravynstouch6, this culture tends to focus on rainbow type shit more than metal stuff which is unfortunate in my opinion because i fucking love metal (metal is life!) and I would really like to see more of people like us gathering at big events like pagan fest and whatnot.

if you know of any good metal fests we should attend (especially multi-day ones) please let us know!

The Toecutter

Reaction score

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads