Antelope Bob in a Nutshell, Or , Bob is nuts

Antelope Bob

Soul Seeker
Reaction score
There was a time...long, long ago, a boy who became a man who had an itch. This itch was all he thought about for about...oh...10 minutes and hit I-5 with his thumb out. He never looked back. That is me. I have been to every state in the continental US riding rails or hitching. I don't mind staying still for a time but always the road/rail calls me again and away I go.

After reading some of the introductions I thought I could do a bit better, so here goes it.

I am 52 years old and have been traveling for almost 30 years now and recently completed my U.S travel buy going to every continental state including Alaska (Alaska was accidental, but we all learn). I also now have a million miles under my belt.(pun intended)

To be honest I think my days of always going somewhere is coming to an end but look forward to the next phase of my life, part time travel.

Some of the worst parts of my travel experience include not speaking to or seeing another human being for over a year, and for the last 5 years been traveling alone.

Some of the best parts of my travels include meeting other travelers, catching a ride just before a wicked hailstorm and my freedom.

To be honest I am not much of a people person but am trying to change that.

I am so tired now. I think I need a nice long rest, but where to go and what to do when i get there, and that's my problem and why I just keep going. After seeing some of the posts I think I may have found what I want. I want to be a part of something decent, kind and helpful. I want to be a part of building something great.

I want to thank you for this site by saying- may the Earth Mother guide your path and the Great Father protect you.

Last edited:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads