Angels on the Road, Nevada

avadog

Reaction score
I was driving back from Slab city in 2019, 19 years old, in a 400$ van with two missing windows covered with garbage bags. I had just ditched a few guys I was traveling around with in Joshua Tree. About an hour away from the closest town with no cell service my right front tire blew out and I slowly rolled into a field. It was a white hot day and I met two angels who saved me on the road. They were old guys in their sixties with guns at their hips and a hunting dog and they really saved my ass. They drove me to the nearest town which was full of meth addicts and they bought me new tires and fried chicken and I fed some to their dog and he spit it out all over the backseat of the truck. The guys were convinced I was a fourteen year old runaway there all by myself in a yellow dress and they made a cop come by and check my ID. They gave me a 100$ bill, I'll never forget them.

8152F9C8-286E-4CA5-BF11-EAFE5199AFD7.jpg

croc

Reaction score
Beautiful!
I wasn't super cynical about ppl before traveling but traveling absolutely made me see how many caring and generous people there are in the world

Down and Out

-Dank- Down and Out press
Banned
Reaction score
Website
downandoutpress.org
Nice wild!!! i hitch hiked through that area years ago got picked up by an old guy with a loaded revolver just sitting on the dash between both of us gave me a ride to LA oddly enough picked me up on the return trip to covering about 90 percent of the trip both ways from the eastern edge of Arizona to LA was oddly polite and listened to NPR the whole time. Thats good to know there's more of those kind odd and heavily armed old men in that area.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads