An Italian traveler | Squat the Planet

An Italian traveler

leoncio93

Reaction score
Hi guys, i'm Leonardo from Italy.

I've just discovered this fantastic community with all its stories and people.
I'm studying music and teaching here in Italy but i want to take a long journey through the world as soon as i finish my studies.

I'm always looking for new people to meet and share stories and adventures with, so if you're looking for a person to travel with, let me know.

Best regards.

Leo

Reactions: Crazy Hobo Johnny

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
hey leo, thanks for joining us! im definitely interested in visiting your country as well. if you have any interesting travel stories you'd like to share im sure there's a lot of people here that would love to hear them!

remember to use the search, but if you can't find what you're looking for, let us know and we'll do our best to help you!

Crazy Hobo Johnny

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Welcome Aboard Leo!!!

I always wanted to visit Italy and would like to see the leaning Pisa Tower that's the first thing I want to see!

Again, Welcome to the Community!

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Welcome, Leonardo! Hey random question- Is the quote in my signature below grammatically correct Italian? My last name is Lupo and I'd like to get a tattoo one day with my name in it, but used in a phrase written in the Italian language.

There's many phrases referring to wolves but Lupo translates to Wolf. I believe plural wolves is lupine or something along those lines. So it's hard to find phrases with the word "wolf" specifically, which allows me to convert it to Italian and include my last name.

Anyway, it's supposed to say "The lion and tiger may be stronger but the wolf doesn't perform for the circus" or more or less that general message. I don't speak the language and I'd never get anything on my skin just on the assumption google translate got it right. So I thought hey, why not ask you?

Reactions: leoncio93

leoncio93

Reaction score
hey leo, thanks for joining us! im definitely interested in visiting your country as well. if you have any interesting travel stories you'd like to share im sure there's a lot of people here that would love to hear them!

remember to use the search, but if you can't find what you're looking for, let us know and we'll do our best to help you!
Thanks for the welcome Matt!

Reactions: Matt Derrick

leoncio93

Reaction score
Welcome Aboard Leo!!!

I always wanted to visit Italy and would like to see the leaning Pisa Tower that's the first thing I want to see!

Again, Welcome to the Community!
Thanks Johnny!

I'm from Tuscany, so i know the Pisa's tower pretty well, but i recommend you my zone that its near Siena, with a lots of beautiful countryside roads, green woods and hills.

• Useful

leoncio93

Reaction score
Welcome, Leonardo! Hey random question- Is the quote in my signature below grammatically correct Italian? My last name is Lupo and I'd like to get a tattoo one day with my name in it, but used in a phrase written in the Italian language.

There's many phrases referring to wolves but Lupo translates to Wolf. I believe plural wolves is lupine or something along those lines. So it's hard to find phrases with the word "wolf" specifically, which allows me to convert it to Italian and include my last name.

Anyway, it's supposed to say "The lion and tiger may be stronger but the wolf doesn't perform for the circus" or more or less that general message. I don't speak the language and I'd never get anything on my skin just on the assumption google translate got it right. So I thought hey, why not ask you?
I Lupo, thanks for the message.

do you have italian descendants or its just a case that your last name its Lupo?

You cannot see it from my profile's photo, but my necklace its a real tooth wolf that i found dead in the woods near my house. So the wolf its like my "totem animal".

Anyway, regards the phrase (i think its very cool) i write you the correct translation:

- "Il leone e la tigre possono essere più forti, ma il lupo non si esibisce per il circo".

I'd suggest more the verb "esibirsi" (to exhibit) than "performare" (to perform), because its sound better in italian, at least for me.

i hope i was helpful and let me know if you'll do the tattoo!

• Epic
Reactions: Jimmy Beans

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Thank you so much, Leonardo. That's super helpful. To answer your question- I believe it's more so my last name just happens to be Lupo than I'm Italian. I mean I know on my father's father's side they're Italian and I've traced my family tree back to 1504 Milan Italy. But when you look at me, red beard and all.. I don't exactly look very Italian. I mean it's obviously thinned down right. Like Lupo is my father's father's last name but my father's mother was a Rutherford which traces back to Scotland. My mother's father was Triplett, and her mother Goodrich. Both of those surnames can be traced back to England. So even if the Lupo in me is Italian, how Italian am I? 25% at absolute best, right. So I'm more just a whole mess of things I suppose.

• Love It

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads