An idea for a restaurant

TheUndeadPhoenix

The Necromancer King
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
So one day I'm going to be a chef and own my own restaurant. I want to be able to feed people out of it, secretly for free. Only for good friends and homeless people. Its gonna be a really high end place, too. I'm going to college right now for culinary, for my AAS. I'm gonna go for my bachelors degree after I graduate from this program. I want to be in 1 of 3 places: NYC, Las Vegas or LA. I wanna get my start in NYC, but that's not necessarily gonna be where I start. Vegas would be easy to set that up in cuz you'd get such a high turnover. But LA seems to be where everybody goes. I wanna set up in all 3 cities, but where should I start first? And its gonna be at least 5 to 7 years til I open my own place, but I still wanna get stuff ready, at least in my head.

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
oh the things you think about... haha
i'd say set up in new york, if you're good enough you'll get noticed. A cousin of mine went out to new york to be a chef and he ended up on some cooking competition show for the food network (chopped i believe?) and hes now an executive chef or whatever at some classy restaurant.

Reactions: TheUndeadPhoenix

TheUndeadPhoenix

The Necromancer King
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
oh the things you think about... haha
i'd say set up in new york, if you're good enough you'll get noticed. A cousin of mine went out to new york to be a chef and he ended up on some cooking competition show for the food network (chopped i believe?) and hes now an executive chef or whatever at some classy restaurant.
Yeah, I think of crazy shit. What's your cousin's name? I might have hear of him. And NYC is one of the best places to be a chef, which is why I wanna start there. If I can make it there, I can make it anywhere.
Those are the last three cities I would ever want to ground myself in..but to each his own. What kind of food? Will you have milkshakes?
I can understand Vegas, but NYC and LA? Its gonna be rich people food lol. And we'll have ice cream, so milkshakes won't be that far behind. When I say rich people food, I mean steaks, lobster, bisque, etc.
Enchiladas and stuffed mushrooms. You'll be my best friend.
Stuffed mushrooms, yes. Enchiladas, idk. But they'll be HUGE fuckers, portabella mushrooms

bryanpaul

Reaction score
sounds awesome.....why you hell bent on the big cities?.... i'll bet theres better restaraunt scenes in some of the medium sized cities...thats just me though, i like it when after a few miles the city just turns into cornfields or mountains or desert....how bout SLO and you can hook up all yer old homebum buddies ;)

TheUndeadPhoenix

The Necromancer King
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
sounds awesome.....why you hell bent on the big cities?.... i'll bet theres better restaraunt scenes in some of the medium sized cities...thats just me though, i like it when after a few miles the city just turns into cornfields or mountains or desert....how bout SLO and you can hook up all yer old homebum buddies ;)
lol I have a warrant in SLO. If I go back, I'm gonna pay it off before I set foot there. Somebody put me up to steal some guys phone out of couch potato. lol You should've seen the police blotter in the news paper

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads