Am I too old to be a dirty street kid? ;) | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Am I too old to be a dirty street kid? ;)

Reaction score
You know, I feel this way too. (I'm 34) Being able to disconnect is a real bitch. That's the inherent genius of the ShitStem we live in, they make it almost impossible to get away from it. We are either slaves or prisoners.

I wish I could join you, I have wanted to leave utah for years and just live.........

But, I have a child that is my everything and I couldn't go weeks not seeing him.

Good luck on your travels.

daydreamer

Reaction score
Hi!

I feel a lot older then you. Like 20 ... Mentally ;)

Sorry to hear that. But similar here. I smoke way too much. Bought a bike end of last year. After half a kilometer (mildly) uphill I feel like 100. ::hungover::
Anyway. I want to change my life. And I will. :D
Haha, does that make me jailbait? ::wacky::

Are you trying to quit smoking? I did it, so can you!

You know, I feel this way too. (I'm 34) Being able to disconnect is a real bitch. That's the inherent genius of the ShitStem we live in, they make it almost impossible to get away from it. We are either slaves or prisoners.

I wish I could join you, I have wanted to leave utah for years and just live.........

But, I have a child that is my everything and I couldn't go weeks not seeing him.

Good luck on your travels.

One day that child will be grown and you will be free to roam. Just be careful in the meantime that you don't get too caught up in all the TRAPpings of "real life". Will make it easier to disconnect later.

well i already left. in Massachusetts heading west

I'm *trying* to get out of here early next week. I tried to make service dog tags for my Lab but they look like crap so I ordered some online, and I'm just waiting for them to get here so I can leave. I am so ready to go!

Reactions: Anagor

Anagor

Reaction score
Website
anagortravelling.wordpress.com
Haha, does that make me jailbait? ::wacky::
Only mentally, perhaps. ::wacky::
Are you trying to quit smoking? I did it, so can you!
I think about considering it. :rolleyes: But I try to reduce it. Doesn't work always and it's not the way to go if you want to quit, I know. To quit smoking is not the top priority in my life now, but I should do it. Anyway, good to hear that you made it. :)

wrkrsunite

Reaction score
I'm with Matt on this one, it's nice to see some older more mature folks getting into this way of living. You don't hear about 42 year olds getting shit faced, not being able to handle their liqueur and stabing someone. I've seen stupid shit like that happen a lot these ten years I've spent roaming and it's always some 18/19 year old. I stopped road dawgin with youngsters a few years back because of that.
Anyways welcome.

daydreamer

Reaction score
I'm with Matt on this one, it's nice to see some older more mature folks getting into this way of living. You don't hear about 42 year olds getting shit faced, not being able to handle their liqueur and stabing someone. I've seen stupid shit like that happen a lot these ten years I've spent roaming and it's always some 18/19 year old. I stopped road dawgin with youngsters a few years back because of that.
Anyways welcome.

Thank you, thank you! :)

Guess what?! I'm leaving tomorrow!! Woohoo!! Everything is falling into place, it's like it was meant to be. I know that sounds hokey and I don't say it often, but there's been 2 or 3 times in my life when I made a life-changing decision and everything literally fell into place perfectly and I never regretted those decisions. This is one of those times. It just feels RIGHT.

On my way with a full tank of gas and $50 in my pocket and I ain't worried about a thang!

Reactions: Anagor

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads