Aloooha

flaternik

Reaction score
My name is Hubert. I'm on the crossroads of my life, last year I started studying on University of Technology but finally I realized that was a huge mistake. In fact I have rather soul of an artist than scientific mind. The last bad decision has been result suggestion of my parents who wanted to have an rich engineer in family. In those days I didn't have a strong will enough and I agreed to study. Finally an episode of studying has gone out for good because I spent many months alone in other city. In this time I went through a metamorphosis which changed me completly. I gave up studying and started to travel a lot. Actually I don't have an great experience but I did 15000km by hitchhiking (In Poland and abroad), I got to know new ideas for life (squats, freeganism, backpacking, minimalism). My first love is riding on bmx and I ride the style of bmx which is called flatland, it's something like dance on the bike and when somebody has great skills it can be extremly glamorous. I realized I would like to make a living by bmx and create an art. I have an idea how to achieve it. In summary I noticed that rat race isn't for me, I will travel and ride on bike, I don't want to collect things, I want to share happiness with friends and chase my dreams.

At the end sorry for mistakes (English) and maybe too many commas (as you see I'm from Poland and here we put commas everywhere).

Hakuna Matata

Sip

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Glad you stood up for yourself and are going after your dreams. I've always thought BMX was cool myself, though I have no skill on a bike. :)

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
is english not your native language? where are you from?

flaternik

Reaction score
Nah, I'm from Poland and of course my mother tongue is Polish. My generation speaks English more or less, but elderly people are able to speak Russian or German (mostly because of the II World War).

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I love Poland!!! Poles are the wildest, coolest Europeans ever. I was in Krakow and Katowice. Food was unbelievable, everything was cheap. Train from Warsaw-Krakow was under $20!! Friends were good to me and took care of me while I was there.

Reactions: Odin

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
been result suggestion of my parents who wanted to have an rich engineer in family.

Hakuna Matata

Brother most east European parents are like that... blind from they're own aristocratic ambition.

Not all.. and I am generalizing... but yea. Some would rather send you off to war than help you succeed... . and then after demand that you are a successful aristocrat...

I am glad that you realize your free spirit and act on it. That is a great impulse that you are following and I hope it brings you good fortune.

0NjQtNTYyNjE4NC5qcGc&ctype=1&v=4&q=81&xs=620&ys=383&sig=4388791ec23157333ac5e34e8ba58517ef29ca23.jpg

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads