AA/NA sobreity?

slackHaddock

Reaction score
Do whatever it takes to stay clean. Im at about 2 months sober from a serious drinking problem that lasted years and destroyed my pancreus. Took me a few tries to quit. Pancreatitus is no joke. this time i know i have it. Dont replace things with your drug of choice unless theyre healthy. Learned that quick when i found that percs relax you similar to alcohol. Then im back on the sauce. Fuck it man. Aa helps a little. Surround yourself with people that do things with their lives and have hobbies, passions etc.remember how you were before getting so low and depressed using drugs etc. Theres still some good left just have to work at it. It gets better all the time. Still always in the back of yoir mind just dont give in. Choose life.

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
The thing with AA/Na,is being around the people,hearing that you have others in the same boat

Reactions: slackHaddock

Kenn Lee

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hey im really struggling. I dont want to use drugs anymore but im having a hard time really finding something to commit myself to so i can fill in the time i would use to get high. I need help. Im powerless over my addiction and I have really low self esteem now and im also an isolater. Please Great Spirit help me win power over myself. And all of you please help me too! <3 blessing to all of you and may you find strenth to carry on as well. we all have the human condition. Much love.

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hey im really struggling. I dont want to use drugs anymore but im having a hard time really finding something to commit myself to so i can fill in the time i would use to get high. I need help. Im powerless over my addiction and I have really low self esteem now and im also an isolater. Please Great Spirit help me win power over myself. And all of you please help me too! <3 blessing to all of you and may you find strenth to carry on as well. we all have the human condition. Much love.
You just took the first step !!!!!!..............I have to go to work now,call me at 804 338 4467 !

Reactions: pir8 qu33n

bryanpaul

Reaction score
figured i'd jump in this thread...... shit is tough.... how can you sit back and see the havoc something has done to your life and all the things you've missed out on because of it and the dumb shit that it's got you into and know all this and then go do more of it......sorry that was kind of a rant, but yeah... my love of booze and drugs (or FEAR of sobriety?) has fucked me up............ESPECIALLY being on the road......so say your an alcoholic who has a job and a mortgage and car payments and kids to feed....alot of times people in those situations can still hold it together....theyre addicted but not to the point of it destroying them......take that same alcoholic and put a pack on his back and a peice of cardboard with "just need a little help" written on it in his hands and nothin to do all day but goof off and have fun and drink ....things can go downhill pretty quick....been there....... anyway......yeah some folks on here will disagree or have another veiwpoint but i think AA/NA is the best bet for somebody tryin to get straight.....i havent "worked the program" but i've been to lots of meetings and know alot of people who are free from the BS because of AA/NA......... well (not even jokin) off to the beer store :/

Reactions: ByronMc

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Took me till I was 49, to finally get clean! Sure I'd stop drinking for years at a time, but would smoke pot, then go back to drinking again! Had to stop, and change myself, to remain sober, and out of prison !

P

Pheonix

I've been to rehab and was court ordered to go to meeting but the 12 step program never worked for me, but if it works for you then that's great.

I could never get past the 3rd step since I don't believe in GOD and I realized that AA/NA is secretly a way to convert drunks and junkies. Due to that I believe court ordered meeting is a violation of my freedom of religion, that's assuming you also have the right to not believe in any form of religion or higher power BS. Another problem I had is with them always telling me that my using friends weren't really my friends, but my using friends were my friends regardless of weather or not I was using and they would stop being my friend if I started using again so I came to the conclusion that my using friends loved me unconditionally and my AA/NA friends only loved me under certain conditions. Real friends will love you unconditionally.

I quit hard narcotics back in 2000 drinking in 2008 smoking in 2009 and weed 2 months ago when I got my job. I did it all with strong willpower, but I understand most people don't have as strong willpower as I do. You just need to find what works for you and do it.

pir8 qu33n

Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
I've never had a major addiction in any debilitating manner. That being said! I find it amazing and rewarding on so many levels to be able to see someone find their own path to recovery and be able to stick to it. I've never met 2 people that ever had the same recovery path. I've been to the open meetings and even went to alanon to try and get a sense of it all, and was sorely disappointed and disheartened, because permeating it all was the "better than" attitude, and that they processed no faith basis other than higher power, my being a Buddhist put me at odds with them immediately. Is there a section here for those who might want to offer support for someone going through this sort of stuff one degree or another?

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
In this world, there are many beliefs & in aa & na, it's best not to have someone feel, that they have to believe in one belief ! That would send many right out the door !

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads