AA/NA sobreity?

hshh

Reaction score
I was just wandering if anyone onthese forums is a sober and/or recovering addict. i currently just got out of rehab from a bad herion habbit and was looking to see if anyone else is or has been in similar situations and are actually trying to stay clean/ or not. altough i am on subxone, Its better than shooting dope since during my current situation i am actually trying to accomplish things. just a thought for a support group thread. feedback would be awsome, whether sober or not.

hshh

Reaction score
a whole sobriety support and suggestion thread would be pretty cool which would include everyone views on sobriety from both sober and non sober individuals

hshh

Reaction score
did i come off as having a bad attitude?? i dont think so. feed back is unlimited to supoort to straight shit talk about how shitty sobbriety can be. i just wannted to see whawt peoples thoughts on it were.

hshh

Reaction score
unless your reffereing to some of my previous replies that included my "bad attitude" i appoligize for that. i was just in "that kind of mood"

ElectroGypsy

Reaction score
I was just wandering if anyone onthese forums is a sober and/or recovering addict. i currently just got out of rehab from a bad herion habbit and was looking to see if anyone else is or has been in similar situations and are actually trying to stay clean/ or not. altough i am on subxone, Its better than shooting dope since during my current situation i am actually trying to accomplish things. just a thought for a support group thread. feedback would be awsome, whether sober or not.

Congratulations, sobriety is not always the easiest of things to find. I am sober at the moment, but this is by circumstance, not a deliberate decision, it is just how things worked out. I cannot say that there are not things I crave, there are (to be fair though I never touched heroin, but there are days I feel the call of other things). And to be honest, if the opportunity presented itself, I am not certain what I would choose. This is something I should probably think about, and soon. I'm not trying to stay clean, nor am I trying to get fucked up. I'm just kinda being, if that makes any sense. It is funny, I have this attitude, but I have been helping people kick their own habits this year. I have seen people come off a wide array of things, and I have to wonder how they see themselves during that process. I have until this very moment thought I dealt with withdrawals and moved on as if it were nothing, but now I wonder if my perception of things was skewed. Ok, It is late, and I am rambling, and now I have food for thought that will likely keep me awake for hours.
To jump back to your original question, I do not know, I really do not. Sobriety offers some benefits, while being chemically augmented offers others. In each case, there is a down side. I guess it all comes down to how badly your drug of choice screws things up for you. I know that this is why there are some things I must not touch. Others I am functional, but not sober, that is however a very slippery place to be.
A support thread would indeed be a cool thing, though I am not certain that I would actually benefit from it at the moment, I know many people who would.

ped

Glorified monkey
Banned
Reaction score
Just don't do the whole helpless victim/martyr thing rehab seems to teach. Seen a handful of old friends fail hard (and ultimately die) after years because of it. Those that didn't became pathetic shells of people.

Adamarchy

Reaction score
congratulations! ive been sober for about 2 years and i am loving life i can actually get shit done. i think a sobriety forum is a great idea. i know how rough it can be.

Kenn Lee

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Flys landing on me is genrally a trigger. So I bought a long lasting supply of drugs.. I'm sorry, had to say it. But for all u sober pepole. ur not missing anything drugs are still the same and so's the hardship involved.

hshh

Reaction score
i went to rehab and got on subs while in rehab becuase i ama weak indivual that is not ready to handle sobreity to its fullest yet, and ive decided to go to welding school and that wouldnt be able to happen without being on subs. once i get that shit finished ill get off the subs and figure shit out from there, keep working the steps etc... or continue traveling for a while and then get sober later when i dig myself to complete desperation again

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
After using drugs for over 35 years,am now completly clean & sober for over 6 years ! Got clean, & at 7 months clean time, went to prison for just over 3 years. Got myself into the therapeutic programs,then got released to another therapeutic program,to even learn more!...................As for the body count,I've lost more friends over the past few decades due to the use of drugs, which sucks,cause I truly miss most of them!...............As for being pathetic,lol,Sober people have more balls then those that use,as we don't have to mask our feeling anymore!

Dmac

Reaction score
i am happy that you are sober and doing ok. i have been through the program, and been in treatment. they teach you some good stuff, but it really comes down to you and what you want. if you want to get drunk or high you will, no amount of info will change that. the best thing is to not put yourself in those situations where you will want to use again. i have fallen off of the wagon many times, but i crawl back on. i would say "good luck" but luck has nothing to do with it, only your determination.

Miranda

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I just joined and I'm in recovery from heroin. So far it's really fucking hard and I've got like no support, so, yeah, it would be good to touch base with other people who are kicking dope. I'm starting a methadone program on Monday, hope it helps.

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Best support is a 12 step program,due to all the answers you will get,from people who have gone thru the exact same thing

E

Earth

Have to agree with everything ByronMC is stating, he knows the deal, like me he's a little older and has been around the block more than once...

I was just kinda - not clowing around - but rambling in the chat box - something I never do, but funny enough it had to do with retiring from a thirty year distinguished drinking career, where there are loads and loads of stories about me which I could spend the rest of my life trying to remember, stuff like boozing it up with the U.K. Subs at CBGBS during the Japan Now tour (1989??) or passing out at a Reagan Youth show in 1983/84 (same place) and having Dave calling me on that during the show... not too mention knocking back the pints with Jimmy Pursey at CBs - but these stories all had part 2s, which were usually waking up on the subway in a pile of puke, shit, and blood...
You would think doing that a few times would have stopped me, but it didn't.

I tried to sober up for many year, many years - and the hardest part was that all my friends were able to hold their own, and to an extent control their drinking...
I could for the most part always do that, but a DWI in 1995 proved otherwise, then the suicide of my woman the following year really fucked my head up for a long long time...

The tragic thing about drinking is it's an accepted way of life.
Like, you're supposed to get drunk, that's living baby...

Well, it's not - and it took adopting a dog for me to suddenly realize there was more to like than wasting time living in my past, which is something this beautiful loving woman named Gina pointed out to me - that I was just drinking so I could relive my past...

That statement was uttered to me in the late 90s and only now do I know it to be true, as I can't tell you how many years have been lost in this studio - not working or even playing - but simply drinking and listening to The Adicts, Cockney Rejects, The Business, Blitz... PiL, you know, the bands I grew up with so to speak, stuff I was into thirty years ago, in real time too !!

But one day, as Iggy said - one day he stopped doing everything just to see what it was like - and it was like a totally new kinda high... so with that in mind, I decided to observe of all things - Lent, and that 40 days of not drinking really opened my eyes...
That was last year, this year I did it again, and as soon as it was over, I knew my drinking career was done...

But to help off-set the obvious, well - what do I do know - I am older, and wiser - and no longer feel I have anything to prove.
I'm comfortable being around people getting loaded, and honestly don't miss it.

My new high is skin diving/snorkling - as there's a whole new world under the water, so full of life - even in urban area's...
I've also - for the past 5 years - gotten back into kayaking, something I do all year round - and bicycling too, but it's really my dog who keeps me straight as she is truly my best friend...

The fact that I've (on the surface) completely set the clock back close to 15 years, as I'm down like 100 lbs, clean up - looking good, and the chicks totally dig that - so with that comes a whole new level of positive self esteme - something I lost around 1999 or so....

I'm going to see the doctor, an Indian doctor - because I feel I can trust him more than your typical American "medical industrial" doctor - as I want to get some serious blood work done - so I know what my insides are doing - or not...

Man, I'm not too sure where I'm going with this - but I do want to say that getting sober/clean can be done - but the biggest obsticle is you have to want to do it for yourself...

That is crucial - because if you don't - then you will relapse...

My friend Mark Maciag (R.I.P) was a Junkie for many many years.
Sometime around 1991, he got into the program>
When Flipper came to town in - 1992?? - what year did American Graffishy come out?? - anyway - the singer comes right up to Mark knowing that he's the man, and they go back home to get his meth, then come back to New haven, and Flipper totally kill it...
(of interest, the bass player on that tour was #3 to die of an overdose a few years later...)

Mark tried so hard to ween himself off of meth, and it took him over ten years to get weened off it - and man, he felt that was his greatest achievment.
Sadly, his body gave out the next year - a victim of the pain management program...

I was sincerely going somewhere with this but got lost in the sauce once again thinking about the glory days............

No regrets, but God am I glad that shit is behind me.

Believe me, ain't no better drug in the world than being totally healthy and free of addiction

Much blessings and bullet proof love to all those who read / sincerely comment on this thread - no matteer what their views or lifestyles...

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
ahh,the freedom !!! Looks like I have a new friend,and same with Earth !

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I just joined and I'm in recovery from heroin. So far it's really fucking hard and I've got like no support, so, yeah, it would be good to touch base with other people who are kicking dope. I'm starting a methadone program on Monday, hope it helps.
If you want to stay off the dope,you have to stay off of everything,been there,done that !!!!

Reactions: Miranda

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads