a question about "running"

H

hellomonday

Code:
I seen this girl at work (fast food joint) call her mom and start bitching "IM STAYING AT HER HOUSE TONIGHT I DONT CARE WAHT YOU SAY!!! NO MOM!! IM DOING WAHT I WANT!!" and i step'd back and was like.... wow. That was me in a way back in the day. I never really was like that, but still i felt some sort of childish connection.
when i hear people interact like this with thier parents, i just feel really bad for them both. i learned really fast when i was growing up that if you dont respect people you will not be respected, and im fortunate to have a lot of trust and respect from my parents, because for a really large portion of my life i tried really hard to get it. now its like im on another planet and they think im going down the "wrong path" blah blah, i wont be able to take care of myself etc etc, and the only way i think ill be able to prove i can is if i do it

just so everybody knows, thanks for sharing all this stuff, i appreciate it.

J

jack ransom

I got into a bit of trouble hitchhiking when I was 17 despite having my mom's permission. I was out of state. definitely stay under the radar and be prepared to give some pretty detailed fake information ( a cousin, perhaps?) qualifying you as an adult.

you should think twice about how you're going to survive. cities are rough places for the inexperienced. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you have ample reason to leave, and maybe you'll only be gone for a few months and then come home. but you should just remember that meeting really basic necessities can be difficult without a job or a place to sleep. hell, I do it all the time but I've been working at it for awhile.

A few pieces of advice that you probably dont need but are worth repeating:

don't rely on other totally shady homeless kids to take you in. you will pick up their habits and they're usually bad ones.

stay the fuck away from hard drugs. this shit will either kill you or make your life miserable. don't touch them. my heart breaks a little every time I see a teenager strung out on dope and its just a really bad scene.

always have condoms. you're approaching an age (maybe you've already made it there, who knows) where people will be moving quickly from french kissing to just straight up doing it. you never know when you're going to jump in the sack so be prepared for it. pregnancy and diseases will really put a damper on your escapades.

good luck duder. let us all know what you decide to do and how it works out for you.

C

Clit Comander

Throw away ur ID kick it with people who are older, and if you get stopped tell em a fake name/ info make sure ya no it well cause they'll ask more than once. ya should be fine. but every once in a while you'll meet a dickhead cop who is bored shitless and will fiqure ya out. then ya get sent home and do it again.

MilkaNoobie

Reaction score
i grew up in the fosfer care system ...not a good place to be... if you do run away DO NOT give false identity as some here have suggested as that is illegal and could end you up in juvenille detention or even jail depending on your age. you will be shipped back home if caught and you told the truth and were not doing anything illegal and most likley with a social worker that will drop in and monitor you and your family. when i was caught they drove me county to county border in the back of a cop car and handing me off to other police officrs at the county border until i was back.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads