A longing for more

Distacater

Reaction score
An introduction... It's a bit long but...
I dream of travel. I've always thought that to find passion, we must seek the unknown. There's so much more that we don't know, than we know, ya know?
I'm here because of an older gentleman that came into my workplace, Walmart. STEVEN B. was looking at sleeping mats in the sporting goods department. He approached me asking if there were any way to put an item on hold for a day. I helped him out. As not many people do, he began talking to me about these great adventures he had- Hopping trains, meeting people, picking apples in Washington, traveling without any commitments to tie him to a single place. He was sincere. He was homeless, and happy, and he knew right from wrong. This man was so influential, and had everything I wanted. Freedom. I think he knew that.
He pointed me to this website and told me that "If I were ever interested in the lifestyle he had, the freedom, I should find someone with experience who I could trust, that could be my traveling companion/mentor".
You know how you get that instant trust for someone? Happens only a couple times in your life? Well, I felt that trust for Steven. Foolishly I let him leave without expressing what I really wanted. Looking back now I wish I would have asked if I could join him, if he could take me with him and show me the world. To hell with Walmart, and societal expectations, there's more to experience in life.
If I could find a companion as passionate as Steven, I would pack up and join them on their travels. I'm tired of the life i'm told to live. I want more, and I want someone to experience/share it with. Not sure if i'll find it here, but you've gotta dream right?
As a short summary of me- i'm an introvert that's stuck in an apathetic rut, and i'm looking for something that'll let me "feel" again. From what i've seen thus far, this community of free-minded individuals could be good for me, so i'm giving it a shot. Hello.

Last edited:

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
Welcome! Welcome! I wonder who Steven B. is on here? Either way it's cool that ya found us. What sort of adventure do you have in mind? Where do you want to go?

FeelAllRight518

Reaction score
Cool intro. Well as long as your of age to leave on your own and don't have any obligations , then I'd recommend you get your pack ready try and find a partner. if your friends tell you your nuts for wantin to travel homeless they're wrong. If you can't find anyone I say just wing it. You'll find someone along the road at some point. Being solo lets you experience more for yourself which is good and partners can be a pain sometimes. Don't let anyone or anything hold you back just be smart and be safe. You will learn why Steve was so passionate once you get out there for a bit . Good luck to ya

bystander

Reaction score
heh small world.

Madtown represent motherfuckers.

Welcome,

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads