A fairly simple intro...

Well met, friends!

I've goofed around in the background with this site quite long enough, so now I feel a debut is in order, huh? I'm a fairly new traveler, done much hitchhiking across my homeland of Vancouver Island but now i'm fi ally embarking on my maiden voyage and with a little luck and charisma, i won't be looking back for a long, long time. With a healthy dose of the right amount of self I destructiveness and the wrong amount of failed relationships, its time to fling myself into a grand new unknown. So let the road be long and winding and the whiskey keep flowning.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
seems we've had a fair amount of canadians on the site lately; welcome! headed anywhere in particular?

@voodoochile76 fair nuff, but she keeps my spirit alive
@Matt Derrick well Vancouver is the first stop (and the cesspool that I currently find myself in) and after that hopefully going to the Okanagan to find some work picking and then I'm b-lining it to the mecca that is Montreal. After that who knows? Maybe back to the west coast around October and down to California for a certain meet-n-greet

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads