Photos A Bittersweet Journey...

Andrea Van Scoyoc

Nomad Missionary & Tree Hugging Jesus Freak
Reaction score
When living, even slightly in the mainstream, isn't the answer.

As everyone knows by now, I've been helping Lisa.

She lost her trailer (through no fault of her own, just another slap in the face) and called us for a ride.

We offered to allow her to stay the night, on our porch, with the intent of putting an end to her suffering, by helping her, once and for all, to get her identity and get back on her feet.

Let's just say, things have become complicated, more so than we could have imagined.

A chance we took, and I don't regret doing so.

We got her signed up for food stamps (if you have a Volunteer Way in your area, put aside that they are a religious based organization. They do the work that most other faith based organizations only claim to do. SUPPORT THEM!) and the food bank.

Lisa has decided that she doesn't want to be a part of the mainstream. She's been on the road for so long, it's all she knows and wants to know.

She and Mollie will be heading back out on the road today but...at least now she has a way to feed herself and Mollie.

At her request, the order for her birth certificate (to get an ID) has been cancelled (though we don't have the money, we paid) and after having breakfast, she will be gone...back to the only life she's ever known.

She says she will keep in touch, and let me know if she needs anything.

She left me with this, as a token of her appreciation for all we've done for her.

Thank you, Lisa, for the life lessons, the inspiration and the adventure.

Safe and happy travels...

Attachments

• IMG_20150702_082453.jpg
    IMG_20150702_082453.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 287

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads